Team Camaro Tech banner

Echlin #VC-1810 Vac can where to find?

29K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  john68 
#1 ·
Alot of posts reference this can since its in the vac advance 101 article.

It was not online at napa nor at Summit. Any ideas where to find it?

Its also called a "B28" can.

#3 ·
This is from an article by Lars Grimsrud, 4/19/01. According to John Hinckley , he and Lars concur on most data.

"There are many different sources for these control units. Borg Warner, Echlin, Wells, and others all sell them in their own boxes and with their own part numbers. Actually, there are very few manufacturers of the actual units: Dana Engine Controls in Connecticut manufactures the units for all three of the brands just mentioned, so it doesn’t make much difference who you buy from: They’re made by the same manufacturer."

#4 ·
Recently went throught the same thing in July - its available:

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=160705

Originally Posted by onebad82z
Be warned you cannot get a B28 unit from NAPA any longer. I got mine at Autozone under #DV1810.
you are correct! NAPA online says to go your local retailer and the local guys can't get it. Strange since its obvioulsy still available from others.

I ordered the AC-Delco PN from Rockauto; the NAPA VC-1810 canister is also known as GM PN88924985 and AC-Delco #D1312C (aka "B28")

#6 ·
Both GM and NAPA have discontinued the vacuum advance can. GM D1312C - B28 and NAPA VC1810. I read that Autozone carries them under part number is DV1810.

Had to make a limiter plate for mine to lesson the advance at idle. I'm not using the rubber bushing either
cause I made one from RG 62A coax cable insulation but when the rod hits the limiter plate it makes an
indentation on the bushing and gives me too many degrees. So I had to make another limiter plate.

This one gives me 4.5* at idle without the plastic bushing on the VA rod. So now I have 16* initial without VA and 20.5*
with VA connected at idle with no bushing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.