Team Camaro Tech banner

69 front suspension lowering

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Luwi67 
#1 ·
I'm building a 69 Camaro pro street car and I want the car to have the "slammed" look when it is done. With the back half set up having adjustable mounting and adjustable coilovers I can set the rear just about anywhere I want it. Now I want to lower the front end. Three options I'm looking at are;

1) Hotchkis 3" drop springs - pro is it relatively inexpensive, cons limitted adjustability
2) Spring adjuster and 9.5 inch springs - pro inexpensive, more adjustability than drop springs, cons - I don't know enough about them and how well they adjust or how they ride
3) QA1 fully adjustable coil overs - pros fully adjustable from what I know, cons expensive

As the car will be street driven and not raced I was planning to keep the stock A arms however I'm not against changing to tubular to get the ride height I want. I'm looking for some guidance from those that have run these set ups.

69 camaro with stock A arms, stock disc brakes (w/stock spindles), SBC, no A/C and running 15X8 ralley rims. I would like to keep the ralley's as the rear rims are 15X14 ralleys. Street, weekend driven with intentions of taking it to the track.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm no expert but, I think on top of the expensive coilovers you'll need new mounting points for them.

I have completed your option 2 this past summer and couldn't be happier with the outcome. Price was awesome, adjustability is awesome and, the installation was easier than I thought. There is a lot of info here on that topic, I recommend reading up on the project and going that route.

If you get in a jam, there are plenty of guys here to help including myself with what we experienced doing the conversion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.