Team Camaro Tech banner

What Kind Of Dog Do You Have?

13K views 80 replies 51 participants last post by  PAZZ 
#1 ·
I will start this off by saying our black lab (Princess) passed away earlier this week (11 years old). I also have a great dane/Rotweiler mix (Laila) 17 months old. Losing Princess was tough on the family she was agreat dog. Laila is really missing Princess and doesn't like to be alone. We are looking for a new puppy, wife is dead set on another lab. I love labs and have owned several over the years. I like to switch things up, so I have been looking at all different breeds/mixes, etc..

Anyway, I was just curious of what you guys had, post a picture of your little hairy pal.

Here's Laila:

See less See more
#2 ·
Royce, you might want to consider the PWD Portugese Water Dog My sister in Denver breeds and raises and shows them. They dont shed, very very good house dogs, love to run outside and love water. Im impressed with the ones Ive seen that she raised. Just an idea for you :D

#3 ·
Had my sheep dog pass on in my arms Royce... Pets are like family members and hard to loose them...

I'm really fond of Boxers, had a Sheep Dog, a Boxer mix and a Springer Spaniel over my adult years. Family dogs as a kid growing up were a Dachshund and a Carnie Terrier...

If you and the family can break away from the pure bread dogs I would suggest getting a shelter pup and keep one from being put to sleep. You can find a great friend at the pound or humane society, just be very alert for abused dogs as you don't want one with mental issues...

#80 ·
A Dachshund and an Australian Shepherd ....

Little one like her pic taken....
/QUOTE]

Intersting fact (to me anyway), Australian Shepherds don't originate from Australia:)

We have an Australian Terrier and a Jack Russell Terrier.A big change from our previous pair, Rottweiler and a Bull Mastiff. (I still miss them)
Both little characters who love to hang out with me in the garage
Here's our Aussie terrier helping install the Moser

Our Jack Russell

#6 ·
I don't know what's up with photobucket, I had to sign up for another service to post that picture of Laila.

I am not stuck on any breed, pure or not. I like mixed dogs just as well. I do want a large male dog. Laila is gong to be 100+lbs when she fills out. I was looking at a Dane/English Mastiff mix, has similar colors to Laila.

#7 ·
I don't have a dog yet-due to my work schedule I just can't leave a dog alone at the house for 16-17 hours a day. I thought about getting one and bringing it out to job sites in my truck but there are liabilities to that.

However, when I do get a dog I'll try to find a black lab at a shelter. Well any breed will do, really.

My brother has had a black lab for 6 or 7 years and picked up a dachsund/lab/basset mix a couple of years ago at the pound.....you oughta see this dog-talk about loving people and attention. You can tell she is happy to be in a loving home, she just goes nuts if people are around. It's really something to see, I'm sure she had been mistreated before she got to the pound. It's like she shows her thanks by giving you attention 24/7, very cool.

#9 · (Edited)
I am sorry to read of your loss, Royce. They chose us for their forever home, its the least we can do is be there for them and Thank them for their love when they go to the Bridge.
Basset Hounds here, all from rescues, and they do become family members very easily.
Miss Bessie, Elwood, and Jake

Attachments

#11 ·
I haven't had a dog for years because my work demanded frequent travel. My last dog was a Siberian Husky. High energy and independant. Not a sit in your lap kind of dog - just wanted to run.

My neighbor has two dogs she rescued from the SPCA. Now that we've cut back on travel (I work from home) we put a gate in the fence between our houses and they come over during the day and visit. Nice arrangement, I'd guess kinda like having grandkids. They are very good dogs, one a terrier mix, Bell, and the other a lab mix, Fin. We think Fin had a hard life BD (Before Dianne) and now is just so grateful for where he is. Very sweet.

I'd recommend visiting the local SPCA a few times. You might just find your next family member...

#14 · (Edited)
Goofball... I mean Ollie. He's 2 and he thinks he's a cat I swear.
Purebred Golden Retriever. They're not the smartest of the bunch, but they're great family pets... if you like cats. ;)

Our last dog Zeb was a Shepard and I wanted another. I didn't have much say when Goofy came along. Now the wife is looking for a rescue to keep this one company.

Attachments

#16 ·
Sadie the chocolate brown Pitbull mix from the pound and Libby our AKC champion American Staffordshire Terrier. The most loving dogs in the world. They look tough and sound tough but given a chance they will lick you to death. Er, I mean they are vicious and guarding my car 24/7 so don't even think about it! The second picture is the wife showing the dog for the championship clinching points. She sure is cute. And the dog is good looking too!:beers:

Attachments

#19 ·
We have a Siberian Husky wolf mix. very loyal and extremely smart dog. Loves to play is very friendly he is extremely talkative and loves to 'speak' to us. He also is a comedian....he does the funny things daily and generally is like having a 4 year kid around.

Like I said he is very smart and pays attention to everything going on in the house and yard.

#20 ·
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Dog Royce, that's always so tough. You only get to have them for such a short time.

Mine is a pound dog, not sure what she is but the vet said "Shepherd mix", I think that means they don't know..lol. She does have some German Shepherd features though.

She's an awesome dog, she's about 15 now as far as we know and starting to show her age, almost deaf (not that she listened anyway, lol) and she's having issues with her hips, another Shepherd trait I guess. Still acts like a puppy every day when I get home from work though.
I hope she's around a bit longer but I have had dogs my whole life, so I know how quick they can go...

I would say I would consider a Shepherd again after having her, she's been so good. I think mutts in general are great dogs.

#21 ·
Golden Cocker Spaniel, female, 14 years old, chews on slippers and pretty much anything else in her way (unless she was sleeping, which was often :D). Sadly, she passed away earlier this year, and still miss her like crazy.
Planning to get a guard dog, going to call him "Bark, Obama"

#23 ·
Here are my 2 girls at Easter.....The Lab, Honey Booboo and the Beagle, Dollyann. Honey is smart as a whip and will be 11 in January; Dolly is probably the dumbest dog on the planet, but the sweetest!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.