Team Camaro Tech banner

JL-8 Wheel Studs

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  pdq67 
#1 ·
Are the JL-8 wheel studs the same diameter as the standard ones?

They do seem to be longer than the standard studs. The reason i ask is that ive had trouble finding longer than stock wheel studs that will fit the stock holes without redrilling them.

I need the longer studs to keep the car NHRA legal with the whells that i have. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

------------------
68 Camaro 396 powerglide 3.73posi
Soon to be daily driver
jonvolk@hotmail.com

#3 ·
The JL8 probably used Corvette studs as the rotors are thicker than a brake drum on a Camaro.
If you need longer studs I'd buy some aftermarket studs and cut them to length.
I'd go up to half inch all around for more safety. If you are using steel wheels like the ralley wheels the Half inch studs work fine.
The early 70's Chevy racing publication lists a GM # wheel stud #3849110. It is half inch dia X 1 3/4". I don't know if this number is still good, but check it out.
If used on the rear be sure to shorten the splines to prevent interference with the rotor. The rear axle flange is thinner in the hub section than corvette and the rotors shouldn't ride on the splined section.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.