Team Camaro Tech banner

1967 Deluxe Door Jamb Switch

8K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  rogerh 
#1 ·
Did a search but couldnt find the answer. Does a 67 rs/ss with deluxe interior use the one or two terminal door jamb switch? Thanks

#2 ·
You need both. Maybe
The double spade is drivers side and pass side is single in vehicles 67 to 70 something where you either have Key Minder on the horn relay or you have optional courtesy lights.

I would think for an 67 RS/SS you would use the dual but I'm basing that on that I have a 69 with key minder. You can use the dual spade and only power one leg.

#3 ·
So then, if I have no courtesy lights (and 67s didnt have key minders?), I would only have/need the single terminals on both doors?

But if I wanted to add courtesy lights, I would need one double terminal on the driver side and single on passenger side? I ask this because I am trying to add them.

Thanks

#6 ·
I added under dash courtesy lights and the socket was available exactly like in Roger's photo(his shows courtesy harness connected). I don't know how you could live without these lights! I guess if you never drive your car in the dark. But they are great to have.

#7 ·
Was Camaro the only GM line that did not put at least a center roof dome light in all coupes as standard equipment? Or were the sail-panel light the base for coupes - I always thought they were optional upgrades to the base dome light. ?

I'm a vert guy and the three you get - two under dash and rear console are really not enough to read a map by LOL

#14 ·
Was Camaro the only GM line that did not put at least a center roof dome light in all coupes as standard equipment? Or were the sail-panel light the base for coupes - I always thought they were optional upgrades to the base dome light. ?
Don't know exactly but my car had only sail panel lights and the console rear light - no dome light. I guess the sail panel lights are part of the deluxe interior package and a dome light is standard interior lighting.
Sailpanel lights are only a '67 deluxe application.

#8 ·
Don't know exactly but my car had only sail panel lights and the console rear light - no dome light. Those cast all the light into the back seat and are pretty useless. I guess the sail panel lights are part of the deluxe interior package and a dome light is standard interior lighting.

#9 ·
Speaking of dome lights, I replaced my wimpy original with one from a 74 Pontiac. It has those focus-lenses with individual switches and bolted right in. I can't remember for sure but I think no extra wire is needed to make them work with the dome light off. OK, I'm sure. My headliner has never been removed. Of course the original bulb is still in there. We don't want to mess with karma.:noway:
Also, get the courtesy lights. Well worth it. The original option included the trunk light and under hood light too. Not sure about the rear console light, it was probably included with the console. The courtesy light option was $5.95 retail.:yes: (with a standard interior)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.