Team Camaro Tech banner

removed roof insulation have question

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  cuz13 
#1 ·
I see a lot of different materials used to replace the old roof felt. I have dynamat...my question to anyone who used it is: Has anyone had problems with the dynamat coming loose after installation, from the heat? I also scraped it down to bare metal and noticed the surface rust with in minutes. What would be the best coating to put on it before the dynamat. I'm only asking because a lot of the threads i saw were a little older and things may have popped up on better solutions, or problems with a tried solution?

#2 ·
Dynamat would be hell to get off if you tried. Heat won't make it come off on its own. People have different opinions but I was very pleased with POR-15 after scraping down to the bare metal. The prep work is a pain, but I think worth the effort. Good luck!

#8 ·
Yes the silver has metal in it works great. use it on the whole roof frame when i replace skin. No i did not use anything but a regular 3m dust mask and heavy rubber gloves. I definitely recommend the product. They have great customer service I was actually able to speak to the owner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.