Team Camaro Tech banner

Hitting the dyno next week

7K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  69blownprostreet 
#1 ·
Went to the machine shop yesterday, the engine is all back together and were going to dyno it next week. :hurray:Going to video it and will see what the numbers are. I have another thread in the body shop fourm about the car. Winter project turns into summer project. Can't wait to start getting it back together.:yes:

#9 ·
Everything in the block was changed, full rotating assembly and roller blower cam. The machine shop that built the motor builds alot of blower motors and they use to race one. Who ever built the motor to begin with didn't build it right, didn't have a blower cam and all the internals I was told by the PO were forged and they were not so lets do this right, the only way I know how to do it. Like everything else with the car the PO made it look good but there was alot wrong with the car when I got it. I will have all the specs on the motor after we dyno it. Right now it's set up 1 to 1 but I have another blower pully so when we dyno it were going to run it 3 different ways, underdriven, overdrived with race gas and 1 to 1. It will be set up 1 to 1 to be street driven.

#14 ·
Very nice looking engine. It would be fun to try to guess the HP. We would need a few more details for that though.

Looks like you have a PCV hooked up, Is that what I see? I use to run one and never had a problem, but after hearing so many horror stories about it causing detonation I got rid of it.

#16 ·
Very nice looking engine. It would be fun to try to guess the HP. We would need a few more details for that though.

Looks like you have a PCV hooked up, Is that what I see? I use to run one and never had a problem, but after hearing so many horror stories about it causing detonation I got rid of it.
I will have to ask the machine shop about the PVC valve, Thanks for the info.

#18 ·
The machine shop did a pull before I got there and it ran 693 HP at 5800 RPM and 705 torque at 4800 RPM with about 10 lbs of boost. We did a pull when I was there and it did 660 HP at 6100 RPM but he had to change a valve cover gasket in between and forgot to adjust the throttle linkage back so it wasn't at full throttle. Something happened to one of the splined shafts for the dyno so we couldn't do any more pulls today, were going to finish monday. I did a video of the dyno pull when I was there now I just have to figure out how to put it on here, It's on my Iphone.

#29 ·
Thanks, I'm happy with the Numbers. When we talked he told me it should be around 550-600 HP but believe me HP cost $, as does everything with this hobby. It's going to take a little longer to get it back together but It's worth it. It's all top of the line parts in the motor, as with everything you get what you pay for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.