Team Camaro Tech banner

Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

103K views 922 replies 29 participants last post by  Rich69RS/SS 
#1 ·
For those that haven't played in the past it is a lot of fun if you are a football fan. Everything is done online via ESPN Fantasy Games. Very basic you try to pick the winning team against the points spread of every game every week. There is nothing on the line, but bragging rights and your pride and after last season I can't brag and my pride is still bruised.

It's free!

Just go to: http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/en/group?groupID=1931&selGrp=1931&entryID=22765

You will need to sigh up on ESPN to join the group. Please try to use your TC name so we will all know who is who. If you already have an ESPN sign in and it's not your TC name, no big deal just use that.

The group is: Team Camaro #3
The password to join the group is: purpleant

#3 ·
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick'em Season #3 Join Us.

Let me start the new thread off giving a BIG THANKS to Royce for doing this again. Talk about a Team Player..:thumbsup:

Kev
Thanks Kev, but it really is simple. Should be a fun season again. Good Luck.

#7 · (Edited)

After watching my Raiders lastnight all I can say it looks like another looooonnng year. Three good QB's, Palmer, Leinart (USC boys) and Terrelle Pryor but can't score 3 points to tie !!! The game plan for the season is start Palmer till the knee gets hit run McFadden to death then send in Pryor till the Raiders are down by 21 pull him finish with Leinart. Sean I made that joke about USC North but USC (#1 ranked college team on the ESPN poll and me a UCLA fan) could beat the Raiders from what I saw lastnight.

#8 ·

Ha, I saw that game last night Rich and wow, it was pre season after all, but BOTH teams looked really bad. Yes it was pre season, but whew.

All the talk after the 'Hawks game last weekend on the sports stations was yes it was pre season, but we are glad they looked pretty solid for the most part. You could still suck in pre season and be good during the regular season....buuuut it hurts to watch a game like Raiders/Cowboys yesterday.

Trust me Rich, as a Husky fan I don't care for USC (University of Spoiled Children) really. I like Pete Carroll so far though, he's a bit of a different kind of coach but so far pretty good it seems.

#9 ·

I'm in. My username is uraceulose though from awhile ago.

Niners going all the way this year

#10 ·

I'm in. My username is uraceulose though from awhile ago.

Niners going all the way this year
Don....You really think the 49ers are going all the way? I sure hope you're wrong, especially after that close battle with my Saints last season. I guess we'll find out in November....save your coins! No backing out :D

#14 ·

Hmm, well I was kind of worried Peyton would drive the ball up and down the field agains my Seahawks, but that really didn't happen. I liked what I saw from them even being a preseason 'practice' game.

I figured the Denver D which I must saw is ...cough gag...pretty darn good, combined with Manning would knock the Hawks around. Not so much. Man I love watching Manning but I absolutely hate the Broncos, have since the Seahawks played in the AFC.

I can't remember who on here said Russell Wilson our rookie QB would impress us back when we picked him, but they were right, I like him, short or not he makes it happen. I want to see him play with the first team though, hopefully next week. I think Flynn is good too but they are way closer than anyone thought.

Colts play tonight Royce, should be a good game and Luck is living up to the hype so far.

#15 ·

So where the heck is everyone, I know it's preseason but no trash talk? :D

So we are starting our rookie in game 3 of preseason, Russell Wilson may be the best too short third round pick of the draft...;)
He's been impressive to watch, I'm curious how he does with our starters and against KC's. The talking heads of sports seem to be starting to take notice of him, even if he doesn't start right away, his future sure looks good.

#16 ·

Haven't had a chance to watch the Hawks yet. I did watch both Colts pre-season games and I have to admit I may have been wrong about Luck. He looks pretty darn good, he has some big shoes to fill, so far I am a happy camper. I like the change on defense too and they actually blitz now, thanks goodness! That use to drive me crazy, sit back and get attacked all game. It was like watching 4 quarters of prevent defense. Change is good.

The first few weeks is going to be very hard to pick. Just too many unknowns, lots of teams changed player/coaches, etc.. (or got suspended, lol). How do you know who to pick and deal with the point spread. 2 weeks until the read deal starts, any late comers better sign up now.

Manning did look good, I hope he has a great season.

#17 ·

Agree Royce, Luck looks like the real deal, and he's a rookie! The Colts do look like a different team, they should do well this year, how does their schedule look?

Manning does still look, well... like Peyton Manning. ;) He's a heck of a QB for sure, and really a true competitor. We kept him in check for the most part when the Hawks played them, but he still moves the ball, period. Thank goodness for our secondary.

I agree the first few rounds are going to be really tough to pick. I joined a Fantasy league too this year, I'm asking for trouble probably but hey, it will be winter so what else is there to do right? :D

#18 ·

I would say the Colts schedule is pretty tough, they play the NFC North (Bears, Packers, Vikings, Lions). Of course the AFC South (Texans, Jags, Titans). They also threw the Dolphins, Browns, Jets, and Chiefs in there. As usual we have a meeting with the Patriots (in Indy), glad it's a home game for Lucks first Patriot game, they are intense.

Could be a lot worse, but definetly not an easy schedule. We don't have to deal with the Ravens or Steelers until the playoffs, hoping we make it that far.

#20 ·

I would say the Colts schedule is pretty tough, they play the NFC North (Bears, Packers, Vikings, Lions). Of course the AFC South (Texans, Jags, Titans). They also threw the Dolphins, Browns, Jets, and Chiefs in there. As usual we have a meeting with the Patriots (in Indy), glad it's a home game for Lucks first Patriot game, they are intense.

Could be a lot worse, but definetly not an easy schedule. We don't have to deal with the Ravens or Steelers until the playoffs, hoping we make it that far.
Yeah that is a tough schedule, I think that the Colts schedule is tougher than the 'skins in fact which should help RG III out. Both QB's looked really good yesterday though, but I think the 'skins team as a whole looked a bit better, but it's preseason too and the Colts are really a new group.
They are leaps and bounds ahead of last year I think it's safe to say, and the future looks good.

Did you see any of the Seahawks game? I'm trying to not get excited because it is preseason, but our Rookie QB is really started to impress people. Two weeks ago the talking heads thought Carroll was nuts (he is a little wacky...) giving reps to the rookie, now people are talking like the starting gig is his to lose, I tend to agree at this point.
Preseason is preseason, but the 'Hawks absolutely dismantled KC's D (no. 11 last year by the way..), they figured the run was all we had and then Wilson threw the ball all over the place and rushed for some good gains to extend the plays.

I am keeping a open mind about the Seahawks this year because they could still only be a 8 or 9 win team, but it's tough not to be a little excited about what I'm seeing so far.

#19 ·

Saints play the Houston Texans tonight. I expect to see most of the starters play for the majority of the game. Tonight's game will answer the big question: Are the Saints contenders or just pretenders without Coach Payton? The defense have to do some tackling tonight and it's time for the offense to put some points on the board. I know it's still preseason, but they're playing a VERY good Houston team.

The Mouth has spoken. And now for some dinner music:

#21 ·

Sean, all I gotta say is on Aug 30 my Raiders will welcome your "Rookie QB" to the NFL. Last pre-season game so the veterans will play the whole game. I will lite a AL candle for the game.

#23 ·

So we have our QB arrangement now, and I would have questioned it early in the year, I'm good with it now. Russell Wilson is a darn good rookie QB, and seems to stand out everywhere he plays.
Anyone hear Terry Bradshaw on the 'Hawks and Russell Wilson last night during the game? He said he was not surprised Wilson won the job, and he picked the 'Hawks as the surprise team of the year, and had a lot to say good about Wilson, I like it. :D

As for the Niners last night, no doubt Harbaugh was holding back some, but the Niners looked sloppy kind of to me, and Alex Smith looked like, well, Alex smith..;)

And Buffalo, you guys get Tarvaris Jackson, he's a good guy, and.... well he's a good guy.;)

#26 · (Edited)

And oh yeah Rich, I gues that answers the question you had about TO...;) Released....
Hey Pete ! Ococin..ops Chad Johnson line 2.....
Here's Pete after your boy throws his second pick 6 against my Raiders. I have my AL candle all ready to go.

#25 ·

I agree the Colts aren't quite as good as I thought after the first pre-season game I was a bit excited. Young team and they still don't tackle well. They will be better than last year maybe even 8-8.

I saw TO got released and that shocked me, I thought it would have been because of his mouth and attitude, but they said it was because of his performance. maybe it's time for him to hang em up.

I haven't seen any of the Seahawks games yet (not aired down here). I did Hear Bradshaw say some good things about Wilson.

9ers did look pretty bad, but they are a good team, so we'll see how the season pans out.

Manning looks pretty good, took a solid hit and hopped right up. Denver may cause some problems in the AFC West.

#28 ·

I agree the Colts aren't quite as good as I thought after the first pre-season game I was a bit excited. Young team and they still don't tackle well. They will be better than last year maybe even 8-8.

I saw TO got released and that shocked me, I thought it would have been because of his mouth and attitude, but they said it was because of his performance. maybe it's time for him to hang em up.

I haven't seen any of the Seahawks games yet (not aired down here). I did Hear Bradshaw say some good things about Wilson.

9ers did look pretty bad, but they are a good team, so we'll see how the season pans out.

Manning looks pretty good, took a solid hit and hopped right up. Denver may cause some problems in the AFC West.
The Colts looked a little looser game 3, but I still think they will manage a .500 season, that would be pretty cool and the future is very bright.

Yeah I was not a TO guy, ever, but I knid of wanted to see him succeed after awhile. He dropped a few passes that he really should have had, and generally looked like maybe the rust was still pretty thick. He could still pull away from defenders pretty well.
I have heard the Seahawks made the move for the cuts and his contract, but the door is not totally shut. I don't think he alienated anyone.

I agree SF will be good, but I wonder if they can repeat last season with Alex Smith, he's pretty average, sometimes less. The defense can only carry you so far I think.

Russell Wislon sure has the attention of the national media, he's amazing really to watch and you would never know he's a rookie the way he handles himself and the offense. The team is really behind him you can see it. They are still workjing on getting the team to it's potential, but I like the looks of our future!

Manning is still good, and his support is pretty solid too. Man I hate Denver still....

#29 · (Edited)

Royce, watch this group of highlights from Wilson vs the Chiefs. He has a good feeling of whats going on and looks comfortable in the pocket. I was figuring Flynn was the man, but Wilson changed my mind. He looks real good for a rookie, and is a super hard worker I guess.

Check out the block in clip #3 I think....

(And Rich shoot this clip over to the Raiders so they can study up... :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6K0TVeqzH7g

#31 ·

I agree Sean the Niners don't look all that impressive, but it's preseason and a lot of the Defense was not in there...The offense went vanila too. I think Alex will be fine but he might have a few more picks, (with the offense promising to stretch the field more this year). We do have a tougher schedule too....Thank goodness for the NFC west, other than the Niners, there really isn't a standout team in the bunch...Yet... :yes:...On another note, TO can still get seperation, wasn't given much of a shot, (two weeks), IMO. Maybe he still has somthing left, just needs to have someone take a chance on this future HOFer...

#34 ·

I agree Sean the Niners don't look all that impressive, but it's preseason and a lot of the Defense was not in there...The offense went vanila too. I think Alex will be fine but he might have a few more picks, (with the offense promising to stretch the field more this year). We do have a tougher schedule too....Thank goodness for the NFC west, other than the Niners, there really isn't a standout team in the bunch...Yet... :yes:...On another note, TO can still get seperation, wasn't given much of a shot, (two weeks), IMO. Maybe he still has somthing left, just needs to have someone take a chance on this future HOFer...
They will still be good I'm sure of it, there is a ton of talent on that team. You never know what kind of game plan they had going in too, but I'm pretty sure Harbaugh did not want to have Peyton all up and down the field like that on them, the Bronco's even ran the ball decent.

I still say the 9ers are the team to beat in the NFC West, but at this point the Seahawks have people thinking, and I like that. I'm a fan but I know we have lots of ground to cover to be a contender, I really like the look of our future right now though.
I still like the 9ers, not a big fan of Harbaugh though. :noway:

TO still can get great separation, he's an amazing athlete. I agree he didn't really get a shot to figure things out, and he probably still can I bet.
From things I have heard and read it may have come down to they were not ready to commit with what they saw, but the door is still open. They just wanted to get past the guaranteed salary deadline I think. We'll see, he handled himself pretty well from what I've seen.

#32 ·

Oh let me retort.... I see a QB with happy feet and a lot of blown coverage letting receivers get open. If your rookie QB keeps tucking the ball and running he's not gonna last too long in the NFL when a linebacker blind sides him. Now the Raiders I see "weapons" deep speed, short passes, great running game and 3 QB's who can step in if need be (fingers crossed, please please please). Maybe I'll lite my AL candle a little early just to put the MoJo on the Hawks. I say we bet, I have a nice shiny brand new dollar bill to throw down on the game (I'll tape it to the TV) you in Sean ?

#35 ·

Oh let me retort.... I see a QB with happy feet and a lot of blown coverage letting receivers get open. If your rookie QB keeps tucking the ball and running he's not gonna last too long in the NFL when a linebacker blind sides him. Now the Raiders I see "weapons" deep speed, short passes, great running game and 3 QB's who can step in if need be (fingers crossed, please please please). Maybe I'll lite my AL candle a little early just to put the MoJo on the Hawks. I say we bet, I have a nice shiny brand new dollar bill to throw down on the game (I'll tape it to the TV) you in Sean ?
Haha, we'll see Rich, we'll see...:D

Wow a bet huh, now I'm a sucker for the Seahawks even in pre season, but game 4.....hmmmm......we only may see our rookie QB one quarter.......but , ahh what the heck I'm in! Go Seahawks !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.