Team Camaro Tech banner

Ralley rims new finish

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  L30 327 
#1 ·
On my 1969 Camaro I have the factory ralley rims, that I noticed they are starting to show a bit of rust. It is a street/show car. There is a very well know powder coating shop here. Any reason they cannot be powder coated. The rims are straight and really do not want to get new ones. Thanks, Jerod

#3 ·
From what I have read..the cost is about $65.00 each wheel to be done if you can find a local powder coat company. Add shipping back and forth...its going to be about $100.00 per wheel.

For about $4.00 a can I used the Krylon 1403 on and final coats with OER argent silver rally wheel paint which is about $18.00 a can. With two cans of dull aluminum and one can of argent silver ( $26.00 ) I have done 8 rims and have some left!

Every spring, I remove the wheels/tires to check brakes and suspension..so they are off anyway. Why not clean them , sand , tape and spray the wheels. Much cheaper than powder coating.....and they look good.

Kev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.