Team Camaro Tech banner

Blower Not Blowing at All

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Everett#2390 
#1 ·
How do I test my a/c relay on top of the fiberglass evaporator box?

I know it is getting electricity when I pull down on the dash switch because the test light comes on.

The test light also goes on when I test the high speed (orange wire) position of the dash switch to the relay.

I can definitely hear the relay “click” when I try to turn the blower fan on.

I unplugged the purple wire to the relay & hooked it straight up to the positive side of the battery.

The blower motor still doesn’t come on. I’m sure my ground wire is good.

Do these blower motors just suddenly go out without any warning?

If I have to buy a new blower motor, is there one that blows stronger than the original?

67 Camaro with a/c

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like a it is the blower motor and I don't know of a stronger motor on the market. Check with Classic Industries or Firewheel Classics. Their tech line should be able to answer your question on the motor. Especially Classic Industries. But Firewheel is a great family owned business dedicated to only 1st gen Camaros. I wish I could give you more definite info but that's all I got. Good luck.

#4 ·
You could take the power lead to the motor and insert an ammeter in line then connect the power ammeter to the battery.
With a locked rotor, frozen motor, max amps will be drawn, otherwise, a smaller current demand wil be indicated if motor is running.
And yes, if the blower was flowing less air over its life from earlier history, it may have just decided to go belly up.
Or the plastic squirrel cage broke and finally jammed the motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.