Team Camaro Tech banner

67 RS Help - new AAW wiring now doors don't open

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jcfcamaro 
#1 ·
1967 SS/RS 350 with AT, console gauges

I re-wired my entire car from front to back with American Autowire Factory Fit wiring. I also replaced the RS relays (four seasons), RS limit switches (AAW), RS circuit breaker (AAW), and voltage regulator (Wells VR715). All new fuses and light bulbs as well.

I have a few problems, but the RS system is the first item I was going to try and fix.

When the headlight switch is pulled, the lights light up, but the doors do not open. If I open the doors manually, the doors shut when pulling the switch out.

I went through the www.retro-electro.net site and limit switches and relays seems to be connected correctly. I even double checked the headlight switch wiring and looks to be correct.

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the responses guys.

If I did, I didn’t even know I did. How do I check to see if I reversed the polarity to the motors?

As Brent suggests, either the DC motor is wired backwards, or open/close relays are wired backwards, or headlamp switch is wired opposite.

I checked my limit switch wiring and relay board wiring against retro electrics website and everything seems to be matching. I will double check again…

Did you install the diode harness?

Yes, the diode harness is installed. I provided a picture of the ignition switch wiring in hopes that someone can confirm everything is wired right???

pink-IGN
red-BATT
purple-SOL
brown-ACC

There IS only one way to install the ignition connector on the switch right?

Also, here is a picture of my light switch. This is wired correctly right?

My limit switches came with the ground wires and all are attached.

Thanks!

#5 ·
Had the same issue with mine. Found out that I needed ground jumpers on the the limit switches. This was a whole wiring harness from painless wiring that I had. It didnt have the limit switch grounds included and I had no idea that they were needed. Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.