Beware - Yet another X11 TT on eB@y....

7K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  novamob 
#1 ·
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160918528257
ST69 12437NOR236343
TR715 71 71 PNT
01C X11
Seller says:
"I'm not going to list the reason you would want this X11 trim tag but u Guys n the know, know why you would want this. Hint RS, SS, RSSS, LOL"
:sad: :sad:

See less See more
#2 ·
Seller says:
"I'm not going to list the reason you would want this X11 trim tag but u Guys n the know, know why you would want this. Hint RS, SS, RSSS, LOL"
:sad: :sad:
He forgot the most important one, mighty 307 which is what mine was. Missing a huge market with that tidbit left out.

#4 ·
Tim its site policy to have photos sized to around 880x660 so that folks dont have to scroll side to side or up and down to see the photos. Can you resize it and post again? :) thanks

#5 ·
Jim, on my computer there's a yellow bar on top of the picture that says "This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image". Right now, it's only (approx) 5"x7" and when I click the yellow bar, it goes to 1600x1195. When it goes to the large size, the yellow bar says "Click this bar to view the small image" and I can go back and forth from small to large and back again by clicking the yellow bar.

Ed

#6 ·
Ed maybe its a browser thing... I get no yellow bar, no way to click and reduce it here. I use Firefox. His photo is 1195x1600 in my properties listing... 370K size and 5.5meg uncompressed... its a very large photo. Maybe your browser has an option to auto reduce images? :)

#12 ·
The photo resizing (yellow strip at the top) along with the ability to report a photo is an option that was recently added to the forum software. I don't know what browsers it does or doesn't support but it works in Chrome and IE Browsers. I don't have Firefox installed in anything right now to look into why it isn't working for Jim but my guess is some of the settings in Firefox that block ads probably are stepping on the enhancement...

#13 ·
Sorry this thread got hijacked Tim.

Jims profile settings for Thread Display Options isn't set the same as forum default for some reason.
It took me a while but I finally found where Jerry was talking about. I set it to default to the photos original size. That TT at the top is HUGE! :)
I'm using Firefox 16.0.2 here and at home but I'm also running AdBlock+ on both and I still get the resize bar... well, I did until Jerry schooled me on how to change it.

#15 ·
I went to my edit options and its already set at Default with no 'numbers' entered in the optional boxes at all. I relogged in and it didnt work, maybe I have to reboot my PC too. grrr techy changes :( :)

#17 ·
I went and 'allowed' Verticlescope.com in my browser, which Firefox has blocked previously, now it works. :D thanks Dennis :beers:

#18 · (Edited)
Sorry Guys - only just saw replies re: image size, it's the time zone difference. I just posted the direct URL of the image from the eBay seller's listing, when I previewed the post it had the yellow "resize" bar, so I didn't know it was huge!
I'll upload the original image to Photobucket and resize it....

#19 ·
Could one of the Mods please delete the large image from Post #1, as there is no "edit" button available for me to do it myself?

#20 ·
Tim, lets let it stay there for now since its part of your 1st comments asking about it. Without the photo there it would not make much sense to readers. This has also proved educational about photo services we didnt know had been added to the system. :)

#23 ·
Not a question of being surprised or alarmed; maybe just a little disappointed. You can't sell something without a willing buyer; and buyers of trim tags invariably do not have honest intentions.
Therefore, I post the tag info whenever I see them offered for sale, so that those who maintain records of these things may be able to prevent someone getting burned in the future.

#26 ·
I agree... very unscrupulous. (big word.. let spell check fix it for me :) )

Disappointed is a good way of putting it. Everyone has to know what they're doing when they sell or buy one. I'm sure to most it's not a big deal because it's just a tag telling style... until you get to the X codes, or other codes the manufacturers used over the years.

#31 ·
The VIN is the only thing the law is interested in for ID purposes and they couldn't care less about the info contained on the cowl tag. Of the three years of 1st gen half of the cowl tags don't tell you any more detailed info than assembly plant, coupe/convert, paint & interior color and build week.

#37 ·
I would not think a missing cowl tag on an ex race car would be an issue; at least it would not with me, if I was in the market for a race car. On the other hand a fake tag on the race car would lead to credibility issues with respect to the rest of the car in my mind.

#38 ·
The Nova (#21 of 50 built)was restored back to day1 cond (non matching #'s, of course)without a TT, but only brought 50K at auction recently, but another red Gibb unrestored/barn find/no drive train, ex racer went over 100K...go figure

the Camaro is a day2 driver and not a cookie cutter style copo as I built it to drive while maintaining its racing heritage/appearance. I like it that way, but that & the missing TT could be affecting the sale. No worries though...I'm happy to keep it around :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.