Team Camaro Tech banner

58 Yenko's in one spot

10K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  Stefano 
#1 ·
In case nobody knows...As of now we have 58 Yenko's coming to this years Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals. WWW.MCACN.COM. I'm not a guy that usually likes to sit around at car shows but this is not your average car show. We will have over 500 cars all under one roof, indoors. It is our 4th year and if you talk to anyone that has been to past shows they will tell you it is the best collection of musclecars ever. Alot of people jump thru alot of hoops to get their cars ready and to the show so please try to come to Chicago the weekend before Thanksgiving and have a great time. Look at our website and read some of the reviews some of the magazines have given our shows. It really is something special.

#3 ·
Easy decision from my perspective. There would be 20 more MCACN's before my wife forgave me for choosing Chicago over a week cruise with her.

After 10 years, she still brings up the fact that I stored interior door panels under the bed in the guest room. It's OK to have dust bunnies under there, just no car parts! (I'm smart enough to NOT bring up the dust bunnies)

#4 ·
In case nobody knows...As of now we have 58 Yenko's coming to this years Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals. WWW.MCACN.COM. I'm not a guy that usually likes to sit around at car shows but this is not your average car show. We will have over 500 cars all under one roof, indoors. It is our 4th year and if you talk to anyone that has been to past shows they will tell you it is the best collection of musclecars ever. Alot of people jump thru alot of hoops to get their cars ready and to the show so please try to come to Chicago the weekend before Thanksgiving and have a great time. Look at our website and read some of the reviews some of the magazines have given our shows. It really is something special.
Is the 67 Yenko you have going to be there? Any updates, pics of it?

BTW: Followed the link for your 70 Z/28......WOW!! That is an amazing story and a great find.

#9 ·
My boy and I were there today. I agree it was amazing but I'm new to this so nothing to compare it to. Don't all car shows have this many cars? Wow!

Here's my son standing in front of the Yenkos. Saw an awesome seminar that we just happened to walk in on about fraud in muscle car sales. VIN number scams, trim tag doctoring, duplicate titles etc. Some really interesting information.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

#16 ·
My boy and I were there today. I agree it was amazing but I'm new to this so nothing to compare it to. Don't all car shows have this many cars? Wow!

Here's my son standing in front of the Yenkos. Saw an awesome seminar that we just happened to walk in on about fraud in muscle car sales. VIN number scams, trim tag doctoring, duplicate titles etc. Some really interesting information.

View attachment 30923
That particular seminar was put on by Jim Mattison, the founder of Pontiac Historical Services. Jim is the only surviving GM employee who worked directly for the central office, as in COPO program.

Guest speakers are just one of many special features at MCACN.

We also have meeting rooms available for Clubs and that would be a good opportunity for team Camaro members to meet up.

#10 ·
Mike, lots of shows have a few hundred cars but 500 cars of this quality and rarity is unusual.
Those 7 convertable Trans Ams for example of only 8 in existence, or 58 Yenkos under one roof along with Don Yenkos daughter signing autographs and she was so nice to talk to.
Linda Vaughn, Mr. Norm, and Buddy Martin were there too.

#13 ·
I took my son and grandson on Sunday. My grandson hasn't been to many of these shows yet, He had a blast. I had a nice long chat with Bob the owner of the Goodyear tire test Yenko Corvair over lunch. Interesting stories and great guy. We need to figure an easier way to ID Team Camaro members on the fly.

See ya next Year!
Jeff

#15 ·
I was there all day Saturday and took 100's of pics. My first time to the show and it was mind blowing. Couldnt believe the quality of the cars. Loved it ...and I got to meet Rick Nelson and check out the 68 Yenko he did - a 998 pt resto that made me weak in the knees! :D

#22 ·
...got to meet Rick Nelson and check out the 68 Yenko he did - a 998 pt resto that made me weak in the knees! :D
Thank you for the compliment Dan. It was great to meet and talk with you and your lovely wife and boys. Great family and two boys that will definitely be gearheads! Hats off to everyone of the MCACN team for pulling off what was said could not be bested and that was last years show. Thanks to all behind the Yenko tribute as well as there has likely never been that many Yenkos in one place since they were parked on the back (and poluted) lot behind the dealership in 1969.

#19 ·
I think it would be very cool if there was a camaro.net room where members could showcase their restoration projects via projector - maybe even give out a cheesy little award to those resto's completed this year to motivate folks like me who are trying to get theirs started. How cool would it be to talk with them and ask questions in person? It would be like this awesome site incarnate! Hell, that would be worth the price of admission alone!

#20 ·
I think it would be very cool if there was a camaro.net room where members could showcase their restoration projects via projector - maybe even give out a cheesy little award to those resto's completed this year to motivate folks like me who are trying to get theirs started. How cool would it be to talk with them and ask questions in person? It would be like this awesome site incarnate! Hell, that would be worth the price of admission alone!
now your talkin

#27 ·
Just want to let everyone know 2013 is shaping up to be our best show to date already!

We have added direct links for special deals with our four host hotels, which are all located within walking distance of the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. http://www.mcacn.com/hotels.htm If you want to be right in the middle of all the action, (party central) book your room NOW at the DoubleTree!

We also have a section with all of the national magazine features we know of to date, and there are a lot of them! http://www.mcacn.com/Media.htm

Thanks go out to all who allow us to make this happpen and please...plan on joining us now for the show, November 23-24, 2013.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

#31 ·
All three Yenko's on the Cover of Muscle Car Review this month will be there to include a 1967 Yenko Super Camaro as well as a 1969 Yenko Super Camaro.

There will be another very special Yenko Camaro unveiled and debuted at the show as well.

If your are a first gen Camaro enthusiast, just these Camaros are worth the trip!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.