Team Camaro Tech banner

Please help me Id this tag

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Kurt S 
#1 ·
[URL="http://
[/URL]i just bought this from my brother in law it has a 327 with I believe a 3 speed manual.

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure exactly what you're trying to find out, but the X44 was about as plain-Jane of a car as you could get- no wheel well or drip rail moldings, no bright headlight trims, etc. the trim tag won't tell you what engine came in the car, but a 327/3speed is quite probable.

The tag indicates 65-50 for the exterior paint, which was an Olymic Gold/Dover White paint combo, and the 721 indicates a green interior with standard buckets. Interesting color combo to say the least.....

#8 ·
Definately not, but as noted an interesting color combination I am starting to like! Very outside chance it was a big block COPO.

If it's restoreable, then it looks like you got a good deal for $1k. Hopefully, you can do a lot of the restoration work.

#12 ·
i will post vin later for sure. The motor is a 327 but what are some of the big block clues? The orig color is still on the car just in bad shape. Would it really be a good idea to take it back to origonal i could see if it was a z or ss car what are your thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.