Team Camaro Tech banner

Morel 4603 lifters BBC

7K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  67RS502 
#1 ·
Anyone using Morel lifters 4603 on a BBC? What pushrods are you using ???

#4 ·
Best bet would be to get some adjustable check pushrods and some lighter check springs for the heads and use the mid-lift method to select the correct length pushrods. You can have custom length pushrods made up in any length you need from Trend and others. Google "midlift method for valvetrain geometry" for more information on this. If no luck, PM me and I can email a couple of PDF documents that explain it pretty thoroughly.

#6 ·
Chris whats your opinion on using check springs?
I always use the real springs, but just wondering...

#10 ·
Sorry, wasn't my intention to hijack - I thought it was related to the original post since you need to determine your correct pushrod length. Some people use check springs in the heads when doing this because the regular springs will compress the plungers and throw the reading off. I'll step off since you apparently don't need / want my help.

#12 ·
now for a real hijack
Chris
you were doing some spintronon girly roller lifters testing
can you post some info on your R&D?
valve weight, spring pressure, rpm ...
or is it top secret stuff that I'll only get when you do my next cam (with a big heavy intake valve)?

#15 ·
well it is a hijack from the original post... hope the op doesnt mind
but a serious question about the spintron testing, a good technical subject, dont you think?
and I'm just givin Chris a hard time about my next engine project, which he will be doing the valvetrain on... need to throw more of these guys in:D;):p next time so you guys dont take me so serious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.