Team Camaro Tech banner

4spd crossmember compatible with th350..?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  PairOf69's 
#1 ·
gonna be a sad day but i'm putting a th350 in my original 4spd 69 in order to get the project moving along, but was wondering if I could reuse the 4spd crossmember?

#3 · (Edited)
There are 3 crossmembers for the first gens. One for the BB/TH400, one for the BB 4 speed, and the one for the 6cyl/SB cars, both AT and manual transmsission. If your crossmember has an oval hole for access to the transmission mounting bolts, it is the one used in for all the 6 cylinder/SB cars. What frame stands/engine combination are you using?

#4 ·
i'm doing a carbed Ls 6.0, I think I've got the tall narrow frame mounts, car came with a 307 originally.

one more question...would a 2200 or so stall converter be miserable to drive with 3.08 gears? basically trying to get this car moving under it's own power again for the first time in 23yrs, i'll eventually replace the 8.2 with something more stout.

#5 ·
Just an FYI... the frame mounts are not called tall and narrow. Engine mounts are either "tall and narrow" for '69 302, 350, and 396 or "short and wide" for all 67-68's and 69 307 or 327's.

The frame mounts that use the "tall and narrow" engine mounts are shorter than what the "short and wide" engine mounts use.

You would simply have the 307/327 frame mounts that would use the "short and wide" engine mounts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.