How do they prorate batteries? - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

Old Apr 16th, 07, 05:28 PM
Senior Tech

Bryan

Question How do they prorate batteries?

I just came back from Walmart after exchanging my dead battery. I bought it new on 9/10/03. It had a three year free replacement, and a nine year warranty. They gave me a $19.50 credit. The first battery was $58.84 and had gone up to $62.28 today. How in the heck did I only get about a third of the credit when it's about 3.5 years into a 9 year warranty? I questioned the lady behind the counter, but it just calculated it for her at the register. Anyone have any clues?

Bryan's Camaro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 16th, 07, 05:46 PM
Senior Tech

Paul

Default Re: How do they prorate batteries?

A 9 year warranty seems like a long time, i change mine out every 3 to 5 years, thats about as long as they last for me. Im not sure about the prorating.
Old Apr 16th, 07, 05:47 PM
Senior Tech

bill

well you used the battery for 3 years out of 9 so thats 1/3. thats what you got off or credited of.
Old Apr 16th, 07, 05:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Steve

He should have got 2 thirds of $62.38 plus tax credit for the unused portion
67 Coupe(parts car for now)
72 Chevelle Malibu
2-69 Jaguar xke roadsters (appeasing the wife)

http://www.camaros.net/forums/album.php?albumid=418
Old Apr 16th, 07, 10:20 PM
Senior Tech

It doesn't sound right to me. You should be getting back 2/3's of the original cost which would be around $40.00. I would go back and deal with a manager who knows what they are doing.

I wouldn't buy another battery from Wal-Mart in the future. I get my batteries from Costco. They also have a 3 year free replacement policy on their 10 year batteries. They have never given me any problems on returning a battery that has failed under warranty.

Camaro buds until the end!!!
Old Apr 16th, 07, 10:31 PM
Senior Tech

mike

I know your pain..........I brought back a battery to Wallmart did not last very long, and they had no clue on how to prorate the dam thing. I went through 3 different people, none who had a clue, and finally had to go to one of the main managers for a decision. It took me about a hour for this process, and after I pointed this major delay, and lack of service out to him, he just gave me a new battery no prorate. It just boils down to employees who have no experience, and float from job to job with no desire to learn. Seems to me they owe you more than the 1/3, and bring up the fact they made you have to come back to get it. I am not vendor bashing, but my luck at Wallmart has been poor at best.

Team Camaro Tech > Team Camaro > Bench Racing      Current Topic: How do they prorate batteries?
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.