95 Camaro Problems, HELP !!! - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fourth Generation 1993-2002

Old Jul 30th, 07, 06:50 PM

Jim

Default 95 Camaro Problems, HELP !!!

Howdy, I have problems with my 95 Camaro,3.4 Auto, 54000mi. When I start the car it idles OK, Revs up smooth, But when I start driving, it hesitates when I start to accelerate, kinda like going over little speed bumps, It stops doing it when I really give it the gas & get up to speed, I guess what Im trying to say is that on light, normal acceleration is when it happens, Seems like it really needs a harder, more aggressive acceleration to get by the problem. Ive changed the plugs, fuel filter, air filter, PCV valve, TPS, EGR valve(error code), checked the fuel pressure (OK), removed cleaned & tested the IAC (OK), cleaned the throttle plate & scanned for error codes(system passed,no errors) & no change. I can get to where Im going basically by REALLY accelerating up to speed, almost gunning it, Problem occurs when I start again from a stop or low speed.
I am by no means a machanic, I do custom leather work, So im flying by the seat of my pants on this one, I can usually fix the problem, Once I Know what it is !
Thanks in advance for any help !
Jim

Last edited by shoeboy57; Jul 30th, 07 at 07:03 PM.
Old Jul 30th, 07, 07:29 PM
Senior Tech

bill

Default Re: 95 Camaro Problems, HELP !!!

it may be the lockup solenoid problem. after it shifts to second gear does it happen?
Old Jul 31st, 07, 07:37 PM

Jim

Hi & Thanks, I kept a closer eye today, It seems to happen at 45 mph +, It also seems to do it worse early in the day when the car is cold after sitting all night, When I leave work after the car has been sitting in the sun 80+degrees for the day its not as frequent, just seems to give me an occasional but regular bump while im driving, almost like im hitting a small bump in the road ???
Thanks Again, Hope I can get this figured out before I need to see a mechanic, Shop Rates just sack me.
Jim
Old Aug 1st, 07, 03:38 AM

<Jake 68's Rule

Leave the trans in Drive rather than OD and record the results.
Old Aug 1st, 07, 05:41 PM

Jim

Thanks, Ill giver a try
Thanks Again
Jim
Old Aug 2nd, 07, 03:20 PM
Senior Tech

mike

sounds like a failing coil pack to me, but the ses light would come on with a misfire code...also, the egr you mentioned, did you clean it, or replace it???carbon balls in the pintle valve will create a lean condition at low speeds and the car will buck...going in and out of lock-up is a possibility as bill mentioned...one more thing to check is a lazy o2 sensor...it could start reacting faster when it gets hot...you would have to watch it on a scanner though to see what the data stream says...
Old Aug 5th, 07, 06:58 PM

Jim

Thumbs up Re: 95 Camaro Problems, HELP !!!

Hi & Thanks for all the help ! I drove the car in Drive rather than OD & lo and behold the bumping problem was hardly noticable, so my first thought was a tranny problem(remember, Im a shoemaker, not a mechanic) Went to see my tranny guy, As soon as he started the car he knew right away that it was Missing & Not the tranny. I found that 2 of the plugs that I replaced a couple mos back were loose, Unbelievable, One even had blow by. Put in original AC Delco plugs & a new wire set, PURRS like a kitten, So at least for now Im not even looking at coils.
Thanks Again
Jim
Old Aug 6th, 07, 03:36 AM

<Jake 68's Rule

Cool !! Glad to read you're back on the road.

You've learned, learned to listen, feel maybe, and collect symptoms as to why its running rough. Also, another point, does it run rough when cold or at operating temperature. The more the symptoms given, the better the location of fault and faster repair, even if you take it to a mechanic/repair shop.
Old Aug 6th, 07, 04:45 AM
Senior Tech

mike

fortunately, there is about 10000 yrs of combined experience on this site...lmao...every repaired problem gives us a little more knowledge to help the next guy...there are alot of conflicting diagnoces, and for good reason...we all read and apply knowledge differently, therefore we see the problem differently in our head...when hearing and feeling the problem, it is far easier to figure it out...i`m glad you got it licked...
Old Jul 2nd, 08, 02:13 PM

AJ

i have a 94 auto with a 3.4 and it does the same thing it will only hesitate when the engine is cold and when the engine is warm then it goes away
Old Jul 11th, 08, 10:43 AM
Tech Team

Brandon

didi you change the plug wires?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement