Team Camaro Tech banner

Authentic reproduction AM/FM radios now available

16K views 51 replies 29 participants last post by  69-Pace 
#1 ·
We now have these very original reproduction radios available. Specs are as follows:

4 X 45 watts RMS output allows up to 180 watts of audio power!

AM/FM “Roll-over” dial scale looks and works like original!

AM or FM band selected with slide-bar like original!

Analog controls look and feel like the original radio!

All controls easily accessible. Volume, bass, treble, balance, fader and tuning from original looking controls!

MP3, IPOD, CD or XM (satellite) inputs included!

7/16” shafts for mounting exactly match original radio!

LED dial lights will never need replacing!

Digitally tuned AM/FM/Stereo front end provides stable, high quality reception!

“Blue Dot” Stereo Indicator! Dial face lights green!

You deserve the best - don’t settle for less!

European channel spacing optional!

Retail pricing on these radios is $595. For a limited time introductory offer, we will offer 10% off and free shipping thru the end of March. After that we will offer 10% off until April 15th. After that they will be at full retail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. I have been told by the manufacturer they are time consuming to make and have been overwhelmed with orders. Please call to place your order to receive this special offer.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
I have something similar in mine and I love it. I love the stock look with all the digital features. KIller deal, wish they had this available a few years ago when I did mine.

Is there a power antenna hookup in the wire harnesss?

That was something I had to have with mine

#17 ·
Anyone with first hand reports on function/sound quality? I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on one, just don't want to end up in the same place as I was with my CAS, USA-6 POS.
Just bought one after hearing one in a 70 Chevelle...it sounded great compared to the one I put in which sounds similar to the one you have already have.

#21 ·
I ordered one off e-pay 2 weeks ago (I didn't see the sponcers add here in time) and it will be 2 more weeks till I recieve it if I'm lucky. When I install it in my 69 Camaro I will post what I think about it. It looks good on paper and I'm expecting a great radio.

#29 ·
I got mine 2 days ago there are 2 RCA jacks on the rear of the radio, no direct connect for IPOD that I have seen. The radio looks good but is over priced in my opinion but no one makes a radio at least this good for our cars so you have no other choice unless you buy origanal Delco which is almost twice the price. If you follow what I'm saying.

#30 ·
Also read the instructs all the way through. For instance to preset the stations you don't pull-out on the push buttons like the original ones. You push-in and hold on the push buttons. The fader is a little strange also but it all works its just not the way you would think.

#34 ·
I purchased one of these about a month ago and it takes about that long to learn how to use the thing. Its not like using a regular radio, for instance you have to wait up to 8 seconds after changing the radio station before turning off the radio or turning on the ipod. If you forget to do this the station indicator bar will get stuck at the end of the dial and you are unable to tune any radio station until you manually reset the radio. There are three ways you can reset it but if you are employed and have more important things on your mind ( like driving ) its easy to forget one of these three ways, which means another call to the company ( i need them on speed dial). At $600, the company should be a little more responsive, or at least include some instructions on all the intricacies. Another nuance is that you can not change the fade if you are ipod mode. You need to set this will in radio mode and then switch to ipod mode and once you are there you can't change it. And there is another thing that the ipod needs to be at a certain volume ( greater than the radio volume ) for the radio to recognize that the ipod is on and to then switch from radio mode to ipod mode. This is a lot ask of a driver - i can write code in 5 different languages including c++ but i feel like i need "Goose" from Top Gun to run the radio while i drive.

Finally ( this time i am serious) i am not sure how you are expected to fix the radio to the dash although this is probably not the fault of the radio manufacturer. They provide a skimpy metal strip with some holes in it but again, no instructions and i have no idea how this would be of any help. Delivery time is something lke 4-6 weeks i believe.

#35 ·
**Interesting "thread / information" Guys, but I think I will continue to
enjoy the "simple to use" , "crappy - mediocre sound quality" of my original AM/FM
Radio , with the single in-dash speaker !!

#36 ·
Hadn't seen any installed pics so I thought I contribute. The sound is surprisingly good, I've got the upgraded dual dash speaker and kenwood 4x6's in my kick panels and I'm very pleased. The controls are a bit quirky but once you've got the balance and fader where you want them it's pretty straight forward. There is a pretty good delay when I turn on my Zune (yes there are some of us who don't own a IPod), but it works real well.
Mounting was very much as an original radio and it looks great compared to a modern aftermarket head unit. I still need to groom the wiring a bit but it's pretty much another box checked...
I want to thank Mike for staying after the vendor and getting me a good discount on this piece.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.