Team Camaro Tech banner

69 Z/28 survivor

6K views 49 replies 16 participants last post by  rebeljld 
#1 ·
Kicking around the idea of selling my 55k original mile Z/28 car, last paint was in 1981 as I was told .. Non restored car that is very sweet.. I have 3 69's and realy 2 is enough for me.. This is a fully matching number car with very little EVER done to it. I have POP and orignal invoice from Missouri dealer ... This car has fact color code and delux comfort weave interior... No suprizes.. Ohio car X33 .. As far as I can tell the motor has not been disturbed..
I'm just kicking this around and wanted openions of it's aprox value in this day and time.. Here's a pic..

Can I have your idea of sale value ?
thanx Jim

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I love honest cars but damn, talk about the wrong time to be selling one. Our cars are not in as much demand these days due to the current economic times but since you have docs, I would ball park your car in the 65K range.

#8 ·
Thats close to my idea, I am in no hurry to sell. Like I said,kinda kickin it around.. I have plenty of time.. You think rumors are correct that when the new camaro is introduced it will kick the values up ? Or is this just a pipe dream ?

Did the 4th gen Camaros kick up the prices of our 1st gen Camaros. No. No reason to think the 5th gen will do the same. I spent the weekend looking over the 5th gen and sitting in it and it's persona has nothing to do with a '69 Camaro. Price spike is a pipe dream.

Did '55 T-birds prices spike because Ford re-introduced a retro style car? No.

#9 ·
A few years ago you would be right. Today no joke! I wouldn't even think about trying to sell a quality car like yours today. Here is an example of a car that should have sold 1,000 times over but is still for sale and is worth at least as much as yours from what info you gave about your car. If you read between the lines his last price was $52K or make a decent offer:

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB3&Number=351212&page=4&fpart=all

Just my $.02

#13 ·
I have to agree that you would probably not be able to get much over $50K. These cars are down 30% over last year and are continuing to drop.

The timing of the new Camaro is terrible because of oil prices and the economy. Many of the people interested in purchasing these cars are struggling financially and can not get loans. There will still be a rush for the first cars produced, but it will not last long.

#14 ·
Average cars are taking a hit right now. The good survivor cars with paper trails and history are still bringing the bucks.
I would need more info and pictures to help you with price.

#17 ·
So true Rob
I'll load up on mothballs before I take a hit. I'm headed over to location of my cars to take some pics and see what idea yall have on this unit. I wouldnt even think about selling exept its frustrateing to me not to turn a wrench on it now and then without haveing a guilty mind doing it.
In my eye it belongs in a museum instead of a garage..

I would like to thank the PM's recieved with all the thotfull LOWBALLS I'm recieving. With all due respect to this forum , I'm asking for value opinions from respected minds. Not for sore shin's.

Till I return,Hava great day yall.
Jim :thumbsup:

#18 ·
Here's a few pic's, notice the smog tubes. My understanding this type tube was used only in the month of Feb of 69 if I understand history correct.
Roy, if your watching this feel free to chime in, after all you sold it to me my friend.

Attachments

#19 ·
Just wanted to say, love the car. Like the color combo, is it the original color combination? Very sweet ride!!!

#22 ·
Very nice car! Master Cyl. is incorrect but other than that it looks very untouched. After some thought I would agree with Rob that the docs probably bump this car above the Black one price wise but I will stick with my opinion that it would be hard to get the real value out of this car in todays market. Next spring may be another story. I know if it were mine I would want a lot more than $50K! Price it for what you would want for it and maybe someone will step up because of the originality, condition and docs. Good luck!

#24 ·
Very nice car! Master Cyl. is incorrect but other than that it looks very untouched. After some thought I would agree with Rob that the docs probably bump this car above the Black one price wise but I will stick with my opinion that it would be hard to get the real value out of this car in todays market. Next spring may be another story. I know if it were mine I would want a lot more than $50K! Price it for what you would want for it and maybe someone will step up because of the originality, condition and docs. Good luck!
Dana

I couldn't agree more!:beers:

#25 ·
Rob, I'm in N Texas, selling the ranch here and headed to SE Oklahoma soon as I find just the right acreage I'm lookin for.

I'm in absolutly no hurry to move this car, maybe I'll just keep it after all but ya never know. I'd realy feel better having somthing I can tinker with tho.
I've thot long and hard about contacting Jerry M . I'm sure I will ,just with I could take that off my taxes.. :cool:

#27 ·
Hang onto it for a while. The economy and market for these cars will come back.

Interesting note:
I was reading an article in Hemmings this month about how many of these cars are being bought and shipped overseas due to how weak the dollar is right now. There has always been a market overseas but they were saying the numbers are pretty staggering right now. The logic being it is in fact widdling away at the supply of these cars. When the economy does turn around there will be money to spend with less cars to choose from.

#46 ·
Hang onto it for a while. The economy and market for these cars will come back.

Interesting note:
I was reading an article in Hemmings this month about how many of these cars are being bought and shipped overseas due to how weak the dollar is right now. There has always been a market overseas but they were saying the numbers are pretty staggering right now. The logic being it is in fact widdling away at the supply of these cars. When the economy does turn around there will be money to spend with less cars to choose from.
Hopefully ALL of the fakes are going overseas. :)

#28 ·
Car looks great, but with it having a repaint I think it's a little more difficult to call it a survivor. It might be better described as unrestored. The master cylinder should be the short, fat style with bleeders(US stamping #309) for power disc brakes and not the tall skinny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.