Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

Old Dec 1st, 99, 03:21 PM

I own a 1969 RS/Z28 and would like information on how many were made with the RS package? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 1st, 99, 08:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Larry

Gm never kept records of the number of option combinations produced. There were 37,773 Ralley Sports produced and a total of 20,302 Z/28's produced. The RS option was shared by all of the Camaros produced, 6 cyl, 8 cyl, convertibles, SS's, Z/28's...

Larry
Old Aug 18th, 00, 07:44 PM
Tech Team

Question

HI,

Now he's a question. How many 1969 Z28 RSs' were there made? And what other things would add to the rarity of the car? Tachs? TEEK wheel? Stuff like that. Please email me if you get a chance. nike10622@msn.com

Thank YOU!

69Z
Old Aug 18th, 00, 08:26 PM
Senior Tech

Dana

Talking

I dont know but I have owned 3 of them and still own one! Seriously the info given above on total Rally Sports and Total Z/28's are all the information known. I have heard estimates of 15% (3,000 +) but I don't know if that is at all accurate.

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, Rear Defrost, Spoilers, ZL2 Hood.
Old Aug 18th, 00, 10:24 PM
Senior Tech

don't know what # of z28/rs were made but one rare option was the traction control in the trunk.
Old Aug 19th, 00, 10:21 AM
Tech Team

Red face

Ok.

thank you guys. that 3000+ number is just a guess you said but i figured somewhere between 10 to 20% of z 28s were RS. i have seen a 67 rs/convertible with that traction option. was that avalible in 67? but it looks somewhat funny. the guy to me he thought that it was part of some leveling system. but i believe that it's that traction system.

thank you!

69Z

Old Aug 19th, 00, 07:39 PM
Tech Team

I beleive 69er was refering to the liquid chain option that was pretty rare in 69.My buddy has a 67 SS Conv. with the factory traction bar you are refering to.I beleive that was in 67 and 68 only.
I also have a 69 Z-28 R/S and have also wondered how many were built.I think when you combine the Z-28,and R/S options the production numbers go down quite a bit(3000 to 5000?) When I was researching the liqiud chain numbers on the MadMikes Camaro site I stumbled on rare rear seat belt option that my car might have? I'm not sure if I'm correct on this but option # AS4 "costom DLX rear shoulder belts" was only put in 37 cars! My car has DLX interior and the rear shoulder belts are cliped into the headliner and folded over above the side windows. Maybe this isn't option # AS4,does your car have these? Ive never looked at any other cars to see if my belts are normal or rare.
I really don't care much about seat belts but it would be cool to have a rare option in my car.With my luck it's probably something different than what I have. I will post this question on another section of this forum. It should be some good research for the #'s boys. Thanks in advance!!
---------------------------------------------
69 Z-28 R/S Daytona Yellow,Blk Dlx interior,M21,4.10,8K tach,Rosewood Wheel and dash,ZL2,Console,clock,Guages,Endura Bumper.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement