GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Restoration Corner Where originality comes first

Old Sep 28th, 09, 12:49 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Default 67 OEM Window felts

I have ordered an OEM window felt kit twice for my 67 and I keep getting the PUI felt kit. The PUI felts seem to be much lighter and they don't have the rubber flag on the outside quarter felts. They sale them as show quality OEM felt and they just look like crap. Can anyone tell me where to get a good quality felt kit that have these rubber flags?
Roger
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 09, 01:14 PM

Bob

Default Re: 67 OEM Window felts

PUI is the primary maker of window felts. They make two versions, a replacement style with flat bead and no flaps, and the reproduction style with round bead and including(should) the rubber flaps. The PUI part number you should order would be O234-1. If the end of the box reads "F234-1", then they are the replacement style. The originals are about $35 more per set.

BelAir Bob

69 Z28 X33 D80 Dusk Blue
69 Z28 X33 Rally Green

http://www.belairbobs.com
Old Sep 28th, 09, 01:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Lane

Hey Roger

I had a set of Re-pops that I believe were recommended by HBC as the best. The metal bead is 1/64 (larger) than GM..other than that they were pretty good. I ended up buying NOS GM and didnt use them. The bead size not an issue until you mix with GM..

I don't think my originals had the flag and was going to cut that piece off my NOS set. I later discovered it covers the place where there is filler so I left them on. Might watch ebay if you want a set or ask HBC or Steve at Steves Camaros..not sure he has any (quarters) left.

I think all the 67-9 GM replacements have the flag (from memory).
Old Sep 28th, 09, 03:46 PM
Senior Tech

Scott

The rubber splits from age at the flag and falls off. I have an one NOS one left and it's already starting to tear. I bought the better repo ones 4 years ago and they are fine.
Old Sep 28th, 09, 05:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Bob
PUI has redesigned their felts. Both the kits I got were 0234-1 kits and neither of them had the rubber flags. I got one from Paddock ($119.00) and the other from Ricks ($115.00). The one from Ricks were suppose to be Re-Pops but they couldn't get those and subbed the PUI.
After Ricks told me they normally sale the Re-Pops for the OEM felts I ran a search for Re-Pops and got their phone number and called. They told me the dealers didn't have any because they (Re-Pops) couldn't get any manufactured. The manufacture was changing tooling or something. What Re-Pops did was give me the part number of the felts I need and said I may find a dealer with some in stock.
I haven't got them yet but I found the part number Re-Pops gave me at Classic Industries and so I ordered them from Classic with their 20% discount deal that is good until the 30th.

Roger
Old Sep 28th, 09, 10:11 PM
Senior Tech

Garth

I'm almost afraid to ask....what's the rubber flag? I got Repops "OEM style" round bead but can't imagine what the flag is
Old Sep 28th, 09, 10:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

It covers a hole in the quarter.

Roger
Old Sep 28th, 09, 10:59 PM
Senior Tech

Garth

Looks really nice Roger, but darned If I can see what you're talkin about Just the quarter felts have the flag ?

Nevermind....after some investigation, I fingered it out. Mine doesn't have a hole... not even under the molding It did appear to be a filler. I thought it was lead ....

Last edited by Garfields Maro; Sep 29th, 09 at 01:55 AM.
Old Oct 9th, 09, 07:43 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

This is an update on my purchase of OEM felt kit. After having two suppliers sub PUI felts for OEM felts I called Classic and made sure they didnít sub the Re-Pops that I wanted with PUI. They told me they had 50 sets of Re-Pops felts in stock. The set of Re-pops felts came in from Classic Industries and I found the Re-Pops felt were a lot better quality then the PUI felt. The felt material itself, looked to be made by the same manufacture because on the back of all the (both kits) window felts were printed a manufacturing mark (ECF-3 MADE IN USA with time and date).
The Re-Pops felts were assembled better then the PUI. Below is three pictures comparing the two brands. The top felt are Re-Pops the bottom PUI. And yes the Re-Pops have the rubber flags on the outside quarter panel felts.

Roger

Old Oct 11th, 09, 09:48 AM
Senior Tech

Thanks Roger for the comparison pictures.

Tony
Old Jan 27th, 11, 01:16 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Mike

Great info. Glad I went with the Repops. I have not installed them yet. But good to know this is the way to go. Thanks Scott.

My Build Thread
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...ght=69+grandma

BC Camaro Club
http://www.bccamaroclub.com/#!builds/c8ky

The Rod & Custom Shop
http://www.therodandcustomshop.com/
Old Dec 19th, 13, 07:43 PM

John Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69z28freak View Post
Great info. Glad I went with the Repops. I have not installed them yet. But good to know this is the way to go. Thanks Scott.
Building a 67 RS After the bad weatherstrip from classic Ind. I replaced it with Supersoft Gold. I moved on to the felt kit the owner got me from classic Ind. it was bad looking and the clips did not line up with the holes in the car and the ends looked like they were cut off with wire cutters and the felt looked like hell. ( I know I would not use them on my car. ) I went looking for new felts. I read all the posts on here about felts, it looks like every one has the same problem. There is hope I found some very nice felts they looked great and all the holes lined up and the ends were the best I have seen so far and they have the rubber flag you are all looking for. They are called Top Catwhiskers (no lie) the part # for a 67 is 201215 I think you all will like them very much I know I did. On to the next problem with the after market junk they sell us. I got the felt kit and the supersoft weatherstrip from Super Muscle Parts
in Rancho Cordova ca. Phone# 916-638-3906 Its nice when you can
see and touch the stuff be for you buy it. The felt kit was only $ 98.96 I though that was a good price for something I can use and that looks great to I hope this helps you guys a little.

Good Luck
With your build
Old Dec 20th, 13, 04:31 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Tom

How much are the Top Catwhiskers?
Edit; jyst woke up!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old Dec 20th, 13, 06:16 AM

John Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunos autobody View Post
Building a 67 RS After the bad weatherstrip from classic Ind. I replaced it with Supersoft Gold. I moved on to the felt kit the owner got me from classic Ind. it was bad looking and the clips did not line up with the holes in the car and the ends looked like they were cut off with wire cutters and the felt looked like hell. ( I know I would not use them on my car. ) I went looking for new felts. I read all the posts on here about felts, it looks like every one has the same problem. There is hope I found some very nice felts they looked great and all the holes lined up and the ends were the best I have seen so far and they have the rubber flag you are all looking for. They are called Top Catwhiskers (no lie) the part # for a 67 is 201215 I think you all will like them very much I know I did. On to the next problem with the after market junk they sell us. I got the felt kit and the supersoft weatherstrip from Super Muscle Parts
in Rancho Cordova ca. Phone# 916-638-3906 Its nice when you can
see and touch the stuff be for you buy it. The felt kit was only $ 98.96 I though that was a good price for something I can use and that looks great to I hope this helps you guys a little.

Good Luck
With your build
If you send me your email I will take some pics. of the felt and send them to you my email is catruckn@sbcglobal.net you will like this stuff.
I'm not sure how to get them on here or I would post them.

John
Old Dec 20th, 13, 06:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunos autobody View Post
If you send me your email I will take some pics. of the felt and send them to you my email is catruckn@sbcglobal.net you will like this stuff.
I'm not sure how to get them on here or I would post them.

John
Thanks for the offer. I'll be happy to post the photos. Email sent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement