Team Camaro Tech banner

69 Dynacorn Camaro completed

21K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  Z282NV 
#1 ·
Hello all,I have never posted here before but I thought you guys would be interested in seeing one of these cars.I did all of the panel alignment,bodywork,and painting at the bodyshop I work at.The owner did all the mechanical and final assembly.Enjoy

See less See more
#15 ·
Re: 69 dynacorn camaro completed

looks sweet! I wouldn't leave the keys in it running that far away from me. LOL
Nor would I in California!! But hey its Canada...Eh how bout some beers, eh:beers:

Completely nice job!!

#6 ·

This is where Star Wars comes to life again..... "Clone Wars"... ;) Or it reminds me of the movie Mars Attacks for some reason... everything looks real at first.

No... seriously....

Looks incredible! Nice work!

#9 ·

Very nice:thumbsup:

#11 ·

THAT LOOKS GREAT !
it is cool to know that you can now build a new camaro with all new repro part's ,, awesome car !

only one thing I see that it would look better with , you kept a pretty much stock theme on all the trim and emblem's I would add the factory style rocker spear's it would complement the other trim , GREAT JOB ! :yes:

#13 ·

THAT LOOKS GREAT !
it is cool to know that you can now build a new camaro with all new repro part's ,, awesome car !

only one thing I see that it would look better with , you kept a pretty much stock theme on all the trim and emblem's I would add the factory style rocker spear's it would complement the other trim , GREAT JOB ! :yes:
And drip rail moldings.
Car looks great though. How was the body to work with?

#14 ·

Honestly from my perspective as a paint and bodyman with 23 years of experience,this project was a huge undertaking.All of the panel gaps needed attention,some were sliced and moved,some had to be welded and ground to the right width.Would I do it again...sure now I know what I am in for....for panel alingment,bodywork,blocking,paintwork was about 500hrs.

This is a customers car but the 502 seemed to run well..around the block and in the shop.I would have loved to test it for wind noise on the highway.It has a 4l80e automatic,aftermarket 12 bolt,and a chris alston chassis works subframe with rack&pinnion steering.
It doesn't make sense why he wanted a Z with a big block and a blacked out tailpanel....but he is the owner.

The drip rail chrome is a problem,that is the one thing that did not get test fitted..we are going to have to get some original moldings and the part that screws to the A pillar and see if we can make them fit.That is the worst part of the build.

#19 ·

I am building a Dynacorn body from scratch. I have spent alot of time aswell working on alignment but there is nothing there that can not be corrected with a little time and effort. I am doing a bunch of modifications. Mini tubbing, shaved door handles, shaved drip rails, custom dash and console. Did you remove all the E-coating or did you scuff it real good and them epoxy prime?

#21 ·

I am building a Dynacorn body from scratch. I have spent alot of time aswell working on alignment but there is nothing there that can not be corrected with a little time and effort. I am doing a bunch of modifications. Mini tubbing, shaved door handles, shaved drip rails, custom dash and console. Did you remove all the E-coating or did you scuff it real good and them epoxy prime?
any pics?????

#22 ·

Nice looking car for sure.

I see the outline of what appears to be cowl trim tag on the firewall in Pic number 3. I'd be curious as to what it says.

#23 ·
Just buy an original solid Camaro and not mess with all the BS. They are out there for sale every day. I took on a project that the previous owner got burned out after he replaced all the body panels from NPD, except the roof for $6000 and welded it up himself. Then I had to make it all fit and look decent. The original was so bad the ashtray was rusted away!!! After 2 years the car turned out great and a bunch of $$$.

#26 ·
Kinda relevant. The previous post is about the Dynacorn body.

I like to remove the coating, at least on the exterior surfaces. I'd be curious to know how much was removed on this project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.