Team Camaro Tech banner

1967-69..big block Camaro's..sign in please!!!

197K views 585 replies 190 participants last post by  57vette 
#1 · (Edited)
BIG BLOCK CAMARO'S ARE GETTING NO RESPECT!! SIGN IN IF YOU HAVE A FAT CUBIC INCH BIG BLOCK STUFFED UNDER THE HOOD OF YOUR 67-69 CAMARO..AND PLEASE POST A PICTURE ON THIS THREAD SO THE OTHER GUYS WITH THE MICE UNDER THIER HOODS CAN DROOL AT A RAT THAT HAS BEEN OVER FEED...THEY MORE WEIGHT FORWARD THE UPPER BALLJOINT, AND THE LESS INNER FENDERS YOU SEE,!!..THIS THREAD IS FOR YOU...:yes:

MOST OF YOU KNOW, I POSTED A THREAD ABOUT" WHATS THE HYPE OF A Z28", WE ARE NOW GOING TO BRING IT TO THE TABLE ..SO YOU SMALL BLOCK GUYS AND 302 GUYS SIT DOWN AND GET FED..THE ONLY LEGIT THINGS IVE HEARD ANYBODY SAY IS THEY LOOKED COOL AND THE SOUND OF A SOLID CAM THROUGH THE EXHAUST...THE RACING HERITAGE OF THE Z IS A GIVEN!!..THE BIG BLOCK CARS ARE AND WILL RISE TO POWER AND GET THE FAME THEY DESERVE!!

EVIDENTLY YOU SMALL BLOCK BOYS HAVENT HEARD A BIG BLOCK ROAR AND HAVENT FELT THE UNGODLY TORQUE OF A BIG BLOCK THAT JUST KEEPS ON PULLING AND PULLING AND WONT BLOW UP WHEN SHE IS TWISTED A LITTLE BIT..THE FIRST TIME IVE SEEN A 69 CAMARO BIG BLOCK CAR...OH BOY!!..I GOT GOOSE BUMPS AS THE THUNDER ROLLED BY AND THEY DIDNT NEED WRINKLED AND BENT UP EXHAUST TO ECHO THE SOUND OF MONSTER CUBES EITHER!!

SO JUST SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE RIDE:beers:

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: 1967-69..big block camaro's..sign in please!!!

I'm sure this thread will bring out some heavy discussion :beers:

I also believe one should be forewarned to wear Foster-Grants before viewing further as the glimmer/shine/bling will be asounding and cause blind spots on the retinas.

And I'm sure some SBC owner will say "I love it when my SBC beats your BBC."

#5 ·

Does my 69 Z (real one) with a 396 in it count? Has a 69 Z absolutely smoked you recently? There are some nasty small blocks out there that will put big blocks to shame. I have no preference because no matter what engine anybody has, it is used for their specific purpose, need or desire. Why are you trying to compare and divide us all. Next you'll say that a small block is better than a six banger. At the end of the day, no matter what power, 67-69 Camaros rock!:thumbsup:

#6 ·

.......Why are you trying to compare and divide us all.
Nothing wrong with comparisons :noway: or spirited debating.....as long as it stays civil where no one has to be banned for getting out of control ;).

David F.

#7 ·

I love the way a BB looks in a 1st gen's engine compartment, and of course there is nothing like the sound of a BB. But I have a lot of respect for the fast SB cars, it's just personal preference I guess. I have yet to see a 1st gen on this site BB or SB that I didn't like.

Just Clean and Plain, no bling.

#11 ·
just send it to me, ill make sure it gets on here!!:hurray:

#12 ·
While BBC rule (I am building a 460 for my 69), stop and think about the Z28/302 SBC. For its size, it did buzz the streets and was (is) a killer motor. It started the SCCA factory fit competition AND lets not forget, it was the FIRST time a smaller engine (cubic inch) was purposely developed by any of the big 3 for increased horsepower and torque. Ford and Chrysler soon followed and we have their versions, just as stout and just as small. Remember, we are talking 1960's technology while by todays standard we can now go to a 427+ SBC. The early 302's screamed and were a hoot to drive on the street in the 60's.

#17 ·
MOST OF YOU KNOW, I POSTED A THREAD ABOUT" WHATS THE HYPE OF A Z28", WE ARE NOW GOING TO BRING IT TO THE TABLE ..SO YOU SMALL BLOCK GUYS AND 302 GUYS SIT DOWN AND GET FEED..THE ONLY LEGIT THINGS IVE HEARD ANYBODY SAY IS THEY LOOKED COOL AND THE SOUND OF A SOLID CAM THROUGH THE EXHAUST...THE RACING HERITAGE OF THE Z IS A GIVEN!!..THE BIG BLOCK CARS ARE AND WILL RISE TO POWER AND GET THE FAME THEY DESERVE!!

There you go sparky starting trouble again. Do i detect a little Z/28 envy?? ;)

Well some of us own both. :yes::D

#19 ·
There you go sparky starting trouble again. Do i detect a little Z/28 envy?? ;)

Well some of us own both. :yes::D

no envy, i love the z cars, but i love a factory big block car, like the x22's and x66's.....and so on.. i just think people pay too much attention to a z28 and overlook the big block super sport cars in all thier glory of thier day....the z28 is not the only camaro!! ..what makes a carb off a 302 worth more than a carb off a 396-375hp car???..the hype!!

#20 ·
hurry up and go home a get me a pic of your car so i can post it on here so you can brag... tell the boss you need time off...you got some team camaro stuff to do!!..your camaro is one sweet ride!!

#36 ·
George,
Right click on the picture of your car in your public profile.
Click on "Copy"
Go to thread/post where you want to add the picture.
Right click when replying.....click "Paste".........

David F.

#34 ·
I'm almost ashamed to post pics of mine after looking at the awesome cars on this site.

This is a pic the seller sent me before I bought the car. I fell in love with the way it sits (even with the wrong center caps).

#37 · (Edited)
#38 ·
I have a '69 Camaro with a Healthy 468...500hp to the wheels estimated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.