Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Restoration Corner Where originality comes first

Old Mar 24th, 10, 10:41 PM

Terry

Default 67' 250 6-cylinder, 3 speed on the floor...

Guys, this is a 45k mile unmolested original car. Excellent rust free condition (excluding quarter lips). My question is this: Is there a demand or extra value for this base model platform? The reason for this question is I have a nice 454 and an m20, just screaming for the transplant! But, i don't want to do anything stupid if this car has more value in it's current stock form. I know it seems somewhat rare, based on my personal experience...Not seeing any 6-cylinder cars at super chevy or any cruise-ins. What are your thoughts?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 10, 03:56 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

BILL

Default Re: 67' 250 6-cylinder, 3 speed on the floor...

leave it orig!!!
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=176399
JOHN 3:16
SEMPER FI
if you have a bbc in your 1st gen 67-69 camaro click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post yours up!!
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169199
if you have an all original 1st gen camaro 67-69 click on the link below and enjoy the veiw and post your up!!
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=179697
Old Mar 25th, 10, 05:28 AM
Senior Tech

Chuck

Do what you want. You can always save all the origional stuff if someone offers you a suitcase full of cash for it as origional. Rare doesn't always mean valuable. A nice resto-mod will be worth more than a boring 6 banger. Better plan on a stouter rear end unless you are ging to drive it like grandma. Maybe the genius who bought a moon rover (on the moon) will give you 50k for it as is.
Old Mar 25th, 10, 07:10 AM
Senior Tech

i don't know with gas at 3 dollars a gallon that ole 6 banger may look pretty good a few years from now.you know gas is only going to get higher.but for me I'm a power monster i love horse power.its all about what you want.I've seen some super nice 6 banger show cars & they won trophies over some nice driver quality v8 cars.heck to me if its a 67-69 i love them all
Old Mar 25th, 10, 01:44 PM
Senior Tech

Kevin

I think it's safe to say that base 6-cylinder cars with a 3-speed are the rarest of all these days. Most have gone on to become Z-28's and COPO's.

Is there a demand? No.

Are they more valuable? Unfortunately not.

Make it what you want, just try not to cut it up.
Old Mar 25th, 10, 03:26 PM
Senior Tech

Scott

There was a nice black with red interior 69 vert six cyl on ebay(CA) a while ago and still wish I had bought it even before I bought my current car
Old Mar 25th, 10, 06:04 PM
Tech Team

Brian

Sounds like a great find !

Since you asked, my personal opinion would be to leave it original. I have found that the number of modified cars of the era FAR outweigh the original, surviving cars. 6 cyl, or 8 cyl really wouldn't matter to me. Original=original, and original=history. I have an original, and won't touch it unless putting a date coded part back on it. I am having fun searching for dated parts of the era. I didn't go out looking for an original, just happened to stumble upon one. What I had wanted was a 1st Gen Camaro that I could dump my 427 into and build it all up, and after I found this particular car, just couldn't bring myself to do it. I am currently looking for another 1st Gen that is not original so I can "soup it up".

But like everyone says...it's your car and you have to do what YOU want. If you do put the BB in it, just like the reply above states, just don't cut it up, so you can put it back if you ever wanted to sell it to someone who wants it original.

It's only original once. Have fun with it !!!

My 2 cents.
Old Mar 25th, 10, 08:15 PM

Terry

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm really swaying toward keeping it as it is. I think its pretty cool in its original form. I'm really trying to stay focused, smart and practical with this car. True, not everyone is turned on with a "6-banger" bare bones coupe. But, it is a bit different then the run of the mill 1st gen and that's what i like about it. Also, i know myself and i don't know where to find a good stopping point once i tear into a project. I currently have a 66' chevelle that's off the frame for a complete resto that started out as a trunk pan replacement and engine/tranny swap. I really want to enjoy this camaro and not have it become a perpetual space hoarding project. lol
Old Mar 26th, 10, 11:57 AM

Oscar

Keep it original. I agree with 1st Gen. Original is history. I am planning to keep mine as original as possible maybe a few bolt on inline 6 performance parts but all with the original engine and tranny. Keep us posted on your choice.
Old Mar 26th, 10, 12:03 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Tom

Wouldn't one of these be an awesome sleeper with a big turbo on that straight six. All stock "grandma-lookin" on the outside, hubcaps, but with a TKO 500 trans, 12 bolt... I can see it now. I want one!!!

Last edited by Melrose RS; Mar 26th, 10 at 12:42 PM.
Old Mar 26th, 10, 06:37 PM

Oscar

I like that idea too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement