Car show entry fee's - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

Old May 30th, 10, 08:13 AM
Senior Tech

Brad

Arrow Car show entry fee's

I have been at this hobby for a long time and think that town's and citie's that want us to bring our old car's AND OUR MONEY to their town's should not CHARGE US WHEN WE GET THERE ! I went to a car show yesterday in KINGSPORT TN. and had to pay to park and look around I wish now I had just turned around and left the town , how much did they put on fixing my car ? how much gas do they pay for us to get there ?
THEY SHOULD PAY US !
yesterday was the last car show entry fee I will ever pay ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
that bunch of A $ $ HOLES AT SUPER CHEVY got me started on this in 98 when they tried to charge $40 per person to go in the gate !
I wasn't the only one leaving that day ! I'll never go to or buy anything related to super chevy ,,,,

seriously don't some of you think that it's time that guy's like us that fix these old car's and spend money in town's for food and gas buy part's and basically help the economy WHEREVER WE GO stop getting charged when we get there ??????

Last edited by RS3SDL2MG; May 30th, 10 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 10, 08:54 AM
Retired

Dennis

Default Re: Car show enty fee's

Brad your rant is all over the place, are you complaining about being charged as a spectator or being charged to display your car in a car show?

In my experience there are several types of car shows, some the proceeds are for charity, some help pay for services to a community they otherwise couldn't afford and then there is the strictly for profit car show. I've attended (and paid for) all 3 types and will continue to in the future.

I like attending charity or benefit shows the most, it's a fun way to help others. I also don't mind paying to be in a show where say downtown merchants are trying to raise awareness of their existance, bring in customers and maybe clean-up a section of town they can't get city funding to help with...

What you have to keep in mind is it takes money to put on a car show. The obvious is trophys but don't forget about porta-pottys, city permits, event insurance, DJ or Band, and that's just the basic expences...

I saved the "for profit" shows for last, since you mentioned SC I assume this your real rant... I do some of these too but I look at what I get in return, my entertainment value if you will! I recently did a 1 day show and my expenses were $35 for the entry and $50 in gas round trip. For that $85 I got 2 passes into Laguna Seca Raceway for the races, a tee-shirt and 2 laps around the track in my Camaro. That was all above and beyond participating in the car show. I rarely go to a Goodguys show anymore as a participant but may start again because they have added autocrossing to the price of admission...

Nobody is forcing car owners to go to shows and pay to enter them! What you have to do is pick and choose the shows you attend, there are week night cruise-ins that don't cost anything if you are opposed to the entry fees! If the entertainment value is there for you or the charity cause is worth supporting then go and enjoy. If not stay home or find something else to do!

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Old May 30th, 10, 09:29 AM
Senior Tech

Mark

I don't mind paying to put my car in shows. Most raise money for good causes and I've even considered doing a small show to raise money for my kid's school music program.
I get my money's worth by hanging out with other car guys and talking shop for 4 or 5 hours. Plus how else can you see cars you've been in love with your whole life? (my true love is the '67 Stingray... last week I saw a "100" point, Carlisle trophy winner for example) I also like taking my daughter to shows. Of course, out here you never know who you're gonna run into....
Attachment 16112

Last edited by okiemark; Jun 3rd, 10 at 11:06 AM.
Old May 30th, 10, 04:15 PM
Senior Tech

Brad

it just seam's like the normal joe alway's get's the short end of the stick ,
anybody here tell me that SC charging $40 per person including children under the age of 12 NO CAR ! JUST TO WALK IN ! isn't crazy and I'll never mention this again ,
and yes SC is the thorn in my side on this , that was 12 year's ago !
I guess what I think is that the normal joe that is not out to make any profit or anything from this hobby / IS WHAT DRIVES THE HOBBY / he should be rewarded for his effort's
CHARITY IS FINE ! childrens hospital / relay for life/ stuff like that is great and we donate every time ,
town's that want to draw in business WANT OUR HOTRODS AND CLASSICS BECAUSE PEOPLE COME IN DROVES TO SEE THEM , those people
BUY GAS
BUY FOOD
BUY PARTS FROM VENDORS
SPEND MONEY !
we the average joe's
BUILD THE CARS THAT DRAW IN THE PEOPLE ! WE SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED FOR IT !
Old May 30th, 10, 04:42 PM
Senior Tech

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS3SDL2MG View Post
anybody here tell me that SC charging $40 per person including children under the age of 12 NO CAR ! JUST TO WALK IN ! isn't crazy and I'll never mention this again ,
I guess what I think is that the normal joe that is not out to make any profit or anything from this hobby / IS WHAT DRIVES THE HOBBY / he should be rewarded for his effort's
CHARITY IS FINE ! childrens hospital / relay for life/ stuff like that is great and we donate every time ,
town's that want to draw in business WANT OUR HOTRODS AND CLASSICS BECAUSE PEOPLE COME IN DROVES TO SEE THEM , those people
BUY GAS
BUY FOOD
BUY PARTS FROM VENDORS
SPEND MONEY !
we the average joe's
I don't look at it as "being charged" for. Besides, if you'd pay $12.00 for a movie, you should be willing to pay $20.00 for a car show.
Old May 30th, 10, 08:25 PM
Senior Tech

greg

Default Re: Car show entry fee's

I personally just go to the car shows to look at the cars. I quit entering my car in about 1994 or 95 just because I have better things to do than sit at a car show for 4 or 5 hours. Now with that said, I will go to a cruise in or cruise night when you can come and go as you please. I'm not trying to offend anyone that goes to car shows, it just isn't for me. I have noticed the entry fees have gone from $8 in 2000 to $10 in 2005 and now they are $12-$15. The cruise night around here draws about 500 cars and the entry for reserved parking is $2, but there is live entertainment and things for the kids to do.
Old May 30th, 10, 08:58 PM
Retired

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS3SDL2MG View Post
BUY GAS
BUY FOOD
BUY PARTS FROM VENDORS
SPEND MONEY !
we the average joe's
Brad tell me you are exagerating! $40 per person to spectate a SC show? Goodguys might be $15 for adults but you get the swapmeet and a big car show (2000 + cars)

I know the all indoor "Rod and Motorcycle Show" held at the Cow Palace was about $30 per adult and I stopped going when it went up to that. It's also not happening any longer...

Reality is costs of concerts and sporting events are outrageous and I won't spend that kind of money on entertainment... I realize that's life and plenty of others don't have a problem with it... Same with car shows, don't let it get to you, just do what the others suggest and do cruise-ins and charity car shows where your $20 entry go toa good cause!

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Old May 30th, 10, 10:11 PM
Senior Tech

Dayton

I went to a car show today that benefited a local high school automotive shop. Entry fee was $10. Hamburger lunch w/ chips & soda was $4.
What a rip off

We have a guy in our group that has NEVER paid an entry fee. He always figures a way to sneak his car into the car show and not pay. One year we were parked at the back of a city park that had a telephone pole fence with long lag bolts. No problem, he just dis-assembled a section of the fence, drove his car in, and the re-assemblied the fence.
Old May 31st, 10, 04:22 PM
Senior Tech

The entry fees don't really bother me if they are reasonable and either for charity or just to cover the cost of the shows overhead. I do carefully pick and choose the shows that I am going to attend in order to maximize the value to myself. Basically, the more friends that are attending, the more likely I am to attend. When I first bought my Camaro, I'd attend about 10-12 shows a year; now I might hit 3 or 4. I attended the Good Guys show for a lot of years and finally decided that it just wasn't worth the price of admisson, and 6 bucks for a beer, and 4 bucks for a hot dog; I haven't been back in about 5 years, even as a spectator. As others have mentioned, the cruise-in's are just as much fun and usually free so there is a lot of value there. I have been involved with two Camaro clubs and each one has monthly outings during the season which is another great way to hang out with fellow Camaro enthusiasts without shelling out a bunch of cash.
Old May 31st, 10, 05:39 PM
Senior Tech

I can't imagine SC is $40 now. Im sure the insurance is big money with the drags but that is a bundle. Too rich for my blood now anyway. Brian.
Old Jun 1st, 10, 03:18 PM
Senior Tech

Dr. Feelgood

Paying an entry fee seems real stupid to me so I don't...

www.buickfunnycar.com
http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar
Old Jun 1st, 10, 03:22 PM
Senior Tech

Dave

In my small town, the entrance fee to put your car into the show is $25 which includes a breakfast and a steak dinner at the site. The fee to enter the show for spectators is $3 for adults with Seniors getting in free and young children pay only $1. You also get a t-shirt with the entry fee and other free goodies.
Old Jun 1st, 10, 06:55 PM
Senior Tech

Ron

I've been going to Super Chevy shows since the early 90s and have never paid more than $22.00 to spectate.
I'm sick of the fees to local shows too, why should I pay $25.00 just to sit in the sun all day and get nothing in return except maybe a little wood plaque?
Ron
Aces 3081, TC #54 Gold
Old Jun 2nd, 10, 08:33 AM
Team Member

Tony

Super Chevy Shows are typically around $15 to $20 for a one day pass.

$40.00 gets you a three day pass.

Super Chevy has a new ownership group made up of owners of some of the best drag racing facilities in the country. Maple Grove, Norwalk, Denver, Bristol, Las Vegas etc.

I am hoping they can revive Super Chevy to top notch status.
www.toocoolcarstuff.com
My Showroom
http://www.camaros.net/forums/album.php?albumid=81
Old Jun 2nd, 10, 08:55 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Rick

Never did understand the reasoning behind the entry fee for the crowd draw. Same thing happens at your local race tracks, where the racers and pit crews are charged more than the spectators, and they put on the show at their expense? Seems to be all backwards to me, IMO.
Advertisement