Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Performance Our High Performance area

Old Jun 13th, 10, 09:51 PM
Tech Team

Jimmy

Default MSD 8360 and Blaster 2 ???

Thinking about purchasing an MSD 8360 ready to run distributor and Blaster 2 coil. What are peoples responses on these two items? What did you like, what did you not like? Comparisons? How easy was it to wire it up and go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 10, 11:04 PM

Jared

Default Re: MSD 8360 and Blaster 2 ???

i did the one you need the box with and that was extremely easy to hook up
so i imagine the one with no box is even easier
if you are running an hei right now you will also be surprised how much smaller it is too
Old Jun 14th, 10, 02:51 AM
Senior Tech

Randy

i also have the 8360 and blaster 2 coil, alot more room like 76z28 said, i switched from an hei to, i also hooked up a msd 6a box, tech guy from msd said i would have 5 to 6 times more spark to the coil using the 6a box.
1967 camaro, 327, 9.7 CR, comp cam xs274solid, vortec cylinder heads, edelbrock vortec performer rpm, 680 double pumper, msd pro billet w/6A box, turbo 350 trans, 3500 stall, 4:10 gears, caltracs suspension, m/t drag radials.
Old Jun 14th, 10, 07:41 AM
Senior Tech

Lynn

Those are good parts. I run that distributor in my 383 along with a "still made in the USA" Accel coil. (Made in Mexico Accel coils are junk.) Good performance. I added an MSD6A box later, and it really smoothed things out for in-town driving.
Old Jun 15th, 10, 05:51 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

i have a msd ready to run and a chrome blaster 2 coil and msd 8.5 super conductor wires. When I put my msd in I was replacing a points type distributor. What a difference. I love mine.
Old Jun 15th, 10, 08:05 AM
Senior Tech

Tim

Great Dist. and coil setup, easy to setup and the fact that you don't have to run a box means you don't get stranded if the box dies.
Old Jun 16th, 10, 11:06 AM
Senior Tech

Bill

I run the same dist. w/6AL and I believe is a blaster II - it's smaller sized red finned resin type of coil. All has been on there for well over 10 years w/o a single issue. Coil may be a little newer. Can't realy say it resulsted in any more power than my previous dual point and Accel super coil but is a very efficient and easy to maintain and adjust system. I think it may have smoothed out the engine at idle a tad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Team Camaro Tech > All Generations > Performance      Current Topic: MSD 8360 and Blaster 2 ???
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.