Team Camaro Tech banner

USA made reproduction fenders for a 69 camaro

12K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  allanjs 
#1 ·
I need to buy a pair of american made front fenders for my 1969 z28 camaro. Ricks camaros want about $1760 for the pair.Has anybody bought these from Ricks? Does anybody beside Ricks camaros sell them as the price seems high ? I am trying to avoid the cheap import fenders. Thanks.

#5 ·
My 68 was just in a small fender bender a few months ago, and the lady that hit me had State Farm. They authorized the more expensive FENDER from Classic Industries (although most of the repop houses also sell it), and I have to say I'm impressed. The shop that did the work (Faith Autobody in Murrieta), did a really nice job on the car and the tech that actually did the work said the fender literally slid into place. He had NO fitment problem and everything lined up exactly as it should. This fender is touted as being "Manufactured in the USA with original GM tooling", and it matches the original fender exactly. It's expensive, but very much worth it in my opinion.

Although it really doesn't show how nice these fenders are, HERE'S a picture of the final results. (I just wish the rest of the car looked this good!!)

Note that these fenders don't come with the extension, so keep that in mind if you get one. I was able to reuse mine, and you can see it's a little "war worn"!

Ed

#8 ·
Looks great Ed ! Wow 689.00 is steep for the fender. Did not see a 1969 fender on their website either. Wonder who makes it???
I have bought a few of the new USA made parts and they do fit well. I have used the trunk lid and rear RS tail panel and my paint guy swears their as close to GM as he's seen. Ordered mine from HBC and talked to the owner, supposedly he is the one having the parts made in MI. :thumbsup:

#11 ·
HI, I talked with somebody from heartbeat city and ricks camaro. They both list usa made fenders for a 1969 camaro on their web site but they presently do not have them available to order.The person from HBC informed me that the 69 fenders have been out of stock for about 2 years and he is not sure when they will be available. Ricks camaro (aka ecklers) get their fenders from HBC. Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.