Team Camaro Tech banner

69 Camaro Muncie M20

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  TraxUnderground 
#1 ·
I have a rebuilt muncie m20 4spd waiting to go into my new 73 camaro project when I get the car back from paint. The trans was just rebuilt 2 months ago and it has a hurst shifter on it but not sure from what car ? Id rather have a tko 500 for my project and if I could get close to what it would run me for a used tko500 i may go that route. Just curious. I can take pics of the #'s. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Heres a pic of the #'s on the trans. The case is a 3925660. As far as what was replaced..couple new gears, all bearings, syncros, seals and I'm sure more but not sure what else

Attachments

#4 ·
Rough estimate on value of transmission is $600-800 if all good, case has not been welded and no other issues. Maybe more.

Any pics of the shifter? If original to that transmission, it would be a great package. I can't give an estimate on shifter until we see what it is.

I posted the transmission partial VIN in the CRG orphans, so maybe someone will see it.

#5 ·
Its a hurst competition plus. So what do you think its worth? Im gonna put it in my 73 but would rather have a 5 speed.

#7 ·
Out of a Norwood built 69 Camaro.

If the trans has no issues at all, correctly rebuilt by a professional, I believe it is worth more like $1,000 to $1,200.

If the guy with car 19N661630 needs it for his car, it would easily bring $1500 to $2,000 If the shifter is the original GM Hurst shifter (round handle) with all the right hardware, add another $300 to $400, again, easily.
JMO.

#8 ·
Opinions vary. For me price would make no difference if Camaro, Chevelle, Nova. I mean we are talking about an M20 here. Pretty common.

Gary, if you can get a list of what was all replaced and a receipt, the price would go up.

And of course if you are not in a hurry to sell it, list it high and gradually go down if it does not sell at the listing price. Put it in the classifieds here for what you have in it and see what happens.

Original Hurst Competition Plus or aftermarket?

#9 ·
I sold a leaky '68 M20 that needed a rebuild with a Comp Plus shifter and no stick for $400 and the guy about wet himself whipping out the cash. Yours should be worth double at least. The word "Muncie" holds a lot of mystique for some.

#10 ·
Thanks guys...I really would like to sell it to a guy who needs a period correct trans or better yet to the owner of the original drive tane. I was just wondering what it was worth thinking that maybe if i could swap or sell it for a couple hundred less than it would cost me to get into a good used tko500 for a chevy. Just thinking out loud. It will be in my car within the next couple months but if the situation comes about its only a couple bolts and its out. Thanks

#11 ·
I pay 4-600 for Muncies, no shifter. Obviously your tranny is worth more to the original car. Without a transferrable warranty on work performed, it's not likely you will get your money back. One rarely gets additional money back put into anything. Muncies are not hard to find.

#13 ·
Its all good...like I said above I was just thinking out loud and its going into my new project. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.