68 wiring diagram - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Electrical & Wiring Troubleshooting electrical.

Old Jun 11th, 12, 06:40 AM

Default 68 wiring diagram

Hi all this is my first post, my name is waynes and i live in Australia, i have a 68 camaro that is now right hand drive i have owned the car for about 20 years. the car is restored some what but it is now time for a new power train. funds being what they are i have got a new LT engine and a 5 speed tremec. i am looking for a wiring diagram in colour if any one has one.

Thanks heaps
WayneS
Blue68inoz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1515.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	28920  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 12, 07:21 AM
Moderator .. Jim

Jim

Default Re: 68 wiring diagram

Wayne, welcome to Team Camaro from up on top nice looking car there. Its best to post your questions in the proper forum, Id suggest the ELEC section for wiring info.

This welcome section doesnt get the traffic that might help with your request.

Photos of my Camaro for viewing
Old Jun 11th, 12, 07:26 AM
Senior Tech

Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue68inoz View Post
Hi all this is my first post, my name is waynes and i live in Australia, i have a 68 camaro that is now right hand drive i have owned the car for about 20 years. the car is restored some what but it is now time for a new power train. funds being what they are i have got a new LT engine and a 5 speed tremec. i am looking for a wiring diagram in colour if any one has one.

Thanks heaps
WayneS
Blue68inoz

Wayne,
The only such color-coded diagram I've ever seen was advertised on Camaroz28.com for '69 cars a few years ago. Following is the text of the post:
__________________________________________________ ___________These FULL COLOR WIRING DIAGRAMS for the 69 Camaro are not the color wiring diagrams you have seen before. If you are looking for the most easily read schematics that have ever been produced for the 69 Camaro, look no further. Instead of cramming the entire electrical system into two or three pages, these schematics break down the electrical system into individual circuits. You are not distracted by wiring which is not part of the circuit you are working on.

There is one very important difference with these diagrams compared to others. The factory diagrams we have worked with in the past are noted for their inaccuracy. These diagrams are based on actual harnesses and are not just a redesign of the factory wiring diagrams. The harnesses are disassembled and accurately presented in these diagrams as they actually exist.

I will be happy to email you an actual page of the 69 Camaro Wiring Diagram so you can see the quality of these drawings. You can see for yourself that these drawings are the clearest, most readable diagrams you can buy!

All components that are in the actual wiring harness are presented, including labeled wires, connectors and splices.

All switches, relays and solenoids, gauges, senders, and any other components that have internal wiring are fully detailed to give the troubleshooter details on how the component operates. In other words, there are no empty squares drawn with a bunch of wires mysteriously disappearing into them!

All switches have terminal views to allow you to see how the wires are connected to the switch.
Never has there been this much valuable information put together into one package.

You will understand how the electrical system operates instead of just blindly following wires around the car.

These diagrams include 39 pages of:

Eleven pages of wiring diagrams, each with a description explaining how the circuit operates.
The circuit operation descriptions take the reader step-by-step on how each particular circuit operates.

Troubleshooting tips are also included to help the troubleshooter make intelligent decisions regarding the diagnosis of the problem within the circuit.

A component location index is also included with each schematic that identifies the location of every component, switch, connector, splice and ground that is installed on the vehicle.

__________________________________________________ _________

I do NOT know if that individual still offers this product nor if he has a specific diagram for 1968. The entire post can be found at:

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/part...agrams-418778/

Good luck.
Old Jun 11th, 12, 02:45 PM
Senior Tech

Steps

Quote:
i live in Australia,
The colour coding is basicaly the same as for the HQ/ HZ Holden....
just a matter of scan/ coping colouring in the std black white ..it also has the colour code letters on each circuit.
Even the circuits are almost identical except for several things like the brake and indicator lights up under the dash....Holden, like most sensable cars has a separate filliments for brake and indicators....Chevy is a pain in the butt, espec wiring up our down under trailer lights.
Old Jun 14th, 12, 05:07 AM

Hi chuck my E-Mail is wst68606@bigpond.net.au look forward to your e-mail
thanks heaps
Wayne
Old Jun 14th, 12, 05:10 AM

Hay steps thanks for that ,great looking car ,almost the same colour were are you at in OZ ?
Thanks again
Wayne
Old Jun 14th, 12, 05:16 AM

Thanks Jim, just realy new to this forum stuff hope not to stand on any toe
thanks again
Wayne
Old Jun 14th, 12, 05:40 AM

Brian

Join up over at Jims firstgens.com site and then a full set of color ones is available for download. http://firstgens.com/document-downlo...-diagrams.html
Old Jun 14th, 12, 03:21 PM
Senior Tech

Steps

Quote:
Hay steps thanks for that ,great looking car ,almost the same colour were are you at in OZ ?
Yeah great in the pics ..those are getting 7 /10yrs old now....couple little bubbles showing in seams below rear window, bottom cnr of door, few stone chips ...plan to pul her off the road later this yr for another body rebuild/ paint...over 13 yrs since the last and it been a daily driver/family car for 32 yrs.
Where am I ... the 'right' side of the tasman m8....Godzone.

Quote:
Thanks Jim, just realy new to this forum stuff hope not to stand on any toe
Never...NEVER put your email on line like that anywhere on the net..spamers email bots etc etc.....go into your user cp (control panel) and allow ppl to email/ message u.
Use the edit to remove your email from the post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Team Camaro Tech > First Generation Camaro Info and Tech - 1967- 1969 "Where it all started" > Electrical & Wiring      Current Topic: 68 wiring diagram
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.