Team Camaro Tech banner

20+ Year 69 Project

27K views 53 replies 28 participants last post by  gphusker 
#1 ·
I've been meaning to make my own thread with the pics I have. Anyway, my Camaro was the first car I bought when I was 19 (I'm now 42). A guy in my hometown had it and I remember seeing it around town even when I was pretty young. Those RS headlight doors always caught my attention. I pestered the guy who currently owned it for months always asking him when he was going to sell me his car. Well one day he asked me if I still wanted to buy it, needless to say the deal was done pretty quickly. Car was mine for 2k. I still remember my Dad telling me how stupid I was, he's changed his mind now :yes:. Anyway, 23 years later finally all the major stuff is done and proud to say I did all the work myself :beers:

See less See more
#10 ·
Unfortunately I didnt take a ton of pics from when I first bought the car. I did a ton of mechanical stuff early on. Engine, tranny entire front end etc. Then I started collecting parts over the years. Had some setbacks, divorce etc. The first pics from my post are only from last year. I did the sheet metal work probably 10 years ago and then it sat in my garage. Last year I was on a mission to get it finished.

#20 ·
"GREEN" with envy here. :D Looks incredibly nice! Enjoy it!:beers:

#25 ·
Upskirt shot?

(under the hood)

Looks fantastic! I'm sure knowing you did all the work yourself makes it much more satisfying to drive.

#27 ·
Great job Greg!!:hurray: Love those Fathom Green/Dover White Camaros!!!

Hopefully mine will look like that later this year.

What color is your interior? I couldn't tell if it's black or dark green. And what did you use for the floor insulation?

Thanks,
john

#30 ·
Great job Greg!!:hurray: Love those Fathom Green/Dover White Camaros!!!

Hopefully mine will look like that later this year.

What color is your interior? I couldn't tell if it's black or dark green. And what did you use for the floor insulation?

Thanks,
john
The interior was orignally Dark Green but I really hated it. So I switched it to black because I really never intend to sell it and I figured that I might as well make it so I like it.

For the sound deadener I used Fat Mat Mega Mat. Great stuff! Would definitely use it again. :beers:

#31 ·
Nice looking car. Must feel great to finally have it done.
Thanks for the compliment! I do have other things I want to do yet. Hopefully when it warms up I am going to do some stereo work. Big project I have left is I need to pull my engine, clean it and repaint and detail my engine. Hopefully sometime soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.