Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

Old Nov 4th, 12, 09:34 AM
Senior Tech

Dave

Default 92 Trans-Am WS6 Power Steering Box

I found a 1992 Trans-Am WS6 being parted out, has 16 inch wheels. From the research I have done this looks like the same power steering box as the IROC, does anyone know for sure? I will go and look to see if the casting numbers are the same and if it still has the two letter stamp on it. Want to use it on my 1969 manual steering car.

Also, he is asking $75 with him pulling, is that a fair price? There is no engine in car so it should be a relatively simple pull. I know I can get a rebuilt Cardone for about double that but it basically would be like new where as not sure what your getting with used...

Thanks for any info/thoughts

Dave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 12, 11:26 AM
Senior Tech

Tom

Smile Re: 92 Trans-Am WS6 Power Steering Box

That box would be perfect for you. See if you can get the pump and hoses too. I'm not sure if the hoses are close enough in length or not, but you wouldn't need to use adapters then. I would trust that box more than a Cardone rebuild.

Rock Auto shows the pressure hose as being 33" long. They also show the Lares box for $59.00. So is used worth $75.00 ? I would offer hoses and pump and the box for $100
69 Camaro -originally a LM1 car. 327, Edelbrock E-streets, hooker, DUI performance distributors, ultradyne cam, stewart, TRW etc. Vintage Air, AGR steering, Corbeau GTSII seats, 700R4 TPI transmission, 12-bolt w/Eaton 4.11:1
Old Nov 16th, 12, 10:27 AM

steve

Default Re: 92 Trans-Am WS6 Power Steering Box

I would buy just the box and then get the 2 line adaptors and rag joint sold a a kit from Lee Manufacturing. The kit will run you just under $100 shipped. With that box and adaptor kit it will be a direct bolt on. This is an exellent upgrade. I did mine last spring.
Old Nov 17th, 12, 12:49 PM
Senior Tech

Tom

Smile Re: 92 Trans-Am WS6 Power Steering Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbauerz28 View Post
I would buy just the box and then get the 2 line adaptors and rag joint sold a a kit from Lee Manufacturing. The kit will run you just under $100 shipped. With that box and adaptor kit it will be a direct bolt on. This is an exellent upgrade. I did mine last spring.
He is switching from manual steering to power steering, so he will need the pump and hoses anyway.
69 Camaro -originally a LM1 car. 327, Edelbrock E-streets, hooker, DUI performance distributors, ultradyne cam, stewart, TRW etc. Vintage Air, AGR steering, Corbeau GTSII seats, 700R4 TPI transmission, 12-bolt w/Eaton 4.11:1
Old Nov 19th, 12, 01:15 PM
Senior Tech

Dave

Default Re: 92 Trans-Am WS6 Power Steering Box

Turned out to be a bust...went and looked at the car and seemed like an aftermarket box (no GM markings), owner admitted he didn't know if it was a ws6 or not, no pump, yada, yada so I passed on the box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement