Prodigy Customs - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Welcome Wagon New here? Please introduce yourself.

Old Nov 20th, 12, 07:53 PM

Dino

Default Prodigy Customs

Hey guys,
Wish I would have searched this forum before I placed my order with Prodigy Customs. I placed an order with Frank for a total of $44,658 back in October. I was going to send him a certified cheque - when he told me to send a wire transfer instead, so we could start ordering the parts asap. So that's what I did. Giving him a wire for $24,658 and to this day still no parts. I have contacted some of the vendors for the parts that he was ordering for me. And they too said they are getting the run around from Frank on my order. "Wife in hospital, cheque in the mail, blah, blah, blah...". Anyway, don't want to get into too much detail, for I have contacted my lawyer and he will be getting on this right away. If anyone else out there is being taken for a ride by Prodigy, please let me know.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 12, 07:58 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Michael Gekko

Default Re: Prodigy Customs

Unfortunately you are not the only person having problems with Frank. Send Dante a private message, maybe he can give you some insight.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=150265

Land of the Free Because of the Brave

It Takes a Long Time to Grow Old Friends
Old Nov 20th, 12, 08:35 PM
Team Member

Jerry R.

How would you have known ?
Tough break, I hope things work out, keep us posted.

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...naflowclip.mp4
Old Nov 21st, 12, 05:03 AM

Welcome Dino.

You're not alone. There are several LONG threads about Frank and Prodigy already going here and many other sites. Search and you'll see that it's an ongoing issue.
I hope everything works out.

STREET MACHINES OF ROCHESTER

SEMA ACTION NETWORK

UNITED SERVICES ORGANIZATION (USO)
Old Nov 21st, 12, 05:30 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Brent

Sorry to hear that Dino. Unfortunately this is one of the few sites that has allowed that information to stay public. Many other forums have deleted that information for fear of vendor bashing.

Hopefully your lawyer can get this straightened out. Good luck.
Old Nov 21st, 12, 05:40 AM

John

I would suggest you check with your bank and US FBI office. The fact that he had you do a wire transfer would subject Frank to Federal Fraud charges and perhaps International criminal charges.

Btw. Have you talked to him since you sent the $$$?
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
Old Nov 21st, 12, 06:04 AM
Senior Tech

Bob

Stupid question, maybe, but why are guys buying $45k of parts from a shop, instead of buying direct from the vendors? I know some vendors don't sell direct, but there are generally larger, national firms to buy from that have less chance of having issues like this.
Old Nov 21st, 12, 06:08 AM

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Stupid question, maybe, but why are guys buying $45k of parts from a shop, instead of buying direct from the vendors? I know some vendors don't sell direct, but there are generally larger, national firms to buy from that have less chance of having issues like this.
I'm guessing Frank talked him up! Probably offered a good deal...IMHO

Google and you'll find so many guys with the same stories and the same excuses from Prodigy it will blow you away.
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
Old Nov 21st, 12, 07:28 AM
Senior Tech

Brian

This guy is a criminal from the word go !

Why the hell is he still a vender on this site !

He has been kicked of 4 sites that I know of !

Team Camaro should not support this kind of activity !

Why is this guy not in jail ! I have seen this first hand and speak from experience !
Old Nov 21st, 12, 08:58 AM
Senior Tech

alex

First off WELCOME DINO. Wow that,s a lotta cake . Sorry for your plight . In my book 44 change is 50 grand and for that kind of change i would hunt him down with an unwavering fervor and see that he was punished prosecuted and penalized to the fullest extent of the law.It is unconsionable how anybody can do that to one person let alone many. From what i have read this man is a crimminal big time and needs to be dealt with swiftness and severity. Good luck .Alex
Old Nov 21st, 12, 10:04 AM
Senior Tech

67 Camaros Rock

I just find it very hard to believe that with the internet people would still be spending money with this guy let alone 40K. I would just have to think that before sending off your cash to someone that you would look into them just little. I gotta wonder if Nigerian scammers have taken over Prodigy.......They seem like the only ones that can pull of stuff like on a consistent basis.
My 67 Camaro Time Line http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211805
Old Nov 21st, 12, 10:16 AM
Retired

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Frank was a one stop shop and in theory could save the customer all kinds of grief dealing with research and ordering parts... He may have also been the builder and it's often to your advantage to let the builder source the parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post
Sorry to hear that Dino. Unfortunately this is one of the few sites that has allowed that information to stay public. Many other forums have deleted that information for fear of vendor bashing.

Hopefully your lawyer can get this straightened out. Good luck.
Most already know the story but for those that don't being able to read this stuff may just save someone from becoming another story... We don't allow vendor bashing but when so much is known that it's just another coming forward I can't really say it's bashing!

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Old Nov 21st, 12, 10:23 AM
Retired

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67speedfreak View Post
This guy is a criminal from the word go !

Why the hell is he still a vender on this site !

He has been kicked of 4 sites that I know of !

Team Camaro should not support this kind of activity !

Why is this guy not in jail ! I have seen this first hand and speak from experience !
Are you the Judge and Jury? Maybe we ought to let the courts figure out the outcome... A lot of folks have lost a lot but the days of lynch mobs are long gone!

Frank and his company are not sponsoring vendor here! What makes you think differently?

Team Camaro does not support this kind of activity, why are you trying to make it look like this site is involved in any of this?

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Old Nov 21st, 12, 10:59 AM
Tech Team

I wish to god I could open the floodgates on this guy...most of you reading would have jaws that would hit the ground in disbelief of what transpired after my initial posting...... In due time....

I was recommended Bryan from ScreaminPerformance.net by another member on this site....I cannot thank that member enough and I cannot thank Bryan enough for helping me get my car out of that shop. (again i would love to go into this in detail but not now).

I will say this though...you want to talk about a real deal operation and someone that knows his craft? I go to Bryans house and see this camaro that is freaking flawless, take a ride in a camaro that spins the tires in 3rd gear like the back wheels are coated with butter, and get to check out such a stellar car... that it leaves me depressed as all hell that I didnt go to him in the first place. I then go to the Screamin Performance shop and see this guy making 67 68 69 camaros from scratch (and i do mean scratch).....how do you take a car that has been rotting out in some guys yard for 22 years in Missouri or something and make it into a brand new car is beyond me.....but this guy fabricates from step #1 and I saw the process with my own eyes.
Want to know Bryans downside? His downside is Franks upside. Frank is the ultimate bull**** artist and sells his story so convincingly that your human nature takes over and you think "man... no human being could lie like this, this has got to be the truth"....Frank could sell **** to a septic tank (not so far from the truth) because he says the "sky is red" enough times that it becomes truth to him.

.....Bryan on the other hand is a brass tacks no bull**** type of guy, truthful to a fault and you can tell that by being around him for about one hour. Every single thing Ive heard from Bryan so far has come to fruition and has been the bonafide truth....its about time after 3.5 years of dealing with a mess.

I toured Best of show coachworks out here in San Marcos, great shop, great rep, I toured hotrods and custom stuff in escondido...pretty good shop....and i toured a couple others that werent so stellar...I never toured Franks and went by word of mouth on that one...I regret that.

Anyone who is going back and forth wondering what builder you should be going with, go check out Screamin performance and check this guys handiwork out...heck check out his welds... talk to the guy.....he is very blunt and will tell you "this is the deal, this is how you can get this done" ... my car is in hiatus right now...i have no ties right now...but i was so impressed at what he does in his shop, especially the fabrication....I got a reality check of how things are supposed to line up, how clean things are supposed to look structure wise with my car compared to the cars Bryan was making.
Im going to show you a small tidbit of what 100 thousand dollars gets you nowadays from Prodigy Customs....this is a small tidbit you should see the debacle the rest of the car is....if i could get 15k on ebay right now for my car....it would be a miracle.
This is the kind of stuff THAT ABSOLUTELY ISNT coming out of Bryans shop...thats for sure.

Last edited by hard2core; Jan 1st, 14 at 05:27 PM.
Old Nov 21st, 12, 11:00 AM
Senior Tech

James

BBB and Yelp reviews are terrible.

If anyone has done business with Prodigy Customs, perhaps you should leave feed back to help others make an informed decision.

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/b...gs-fl-90140321

http://www.yelp.com/biz/prodigy-customs-apopka
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
frank, prodigy, prodigy customs