Stolen 68 Camaro RS/SS Coupe - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

Old Nov 20th, 12, 10:06 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Max Stewart

Unhappy Stolen 68 Camaro RS/SS Coupe

I hardly know any details about this stolen 68 Camaro which was taken during the night in East Las Vegas, NV... A mechanic I know told me about the guy across the street from his shop that had the Camaro Coupe, I briefly spoke with the Owner, and he said some one went into the Property during the night, tearing his gate down, and went into the back yard where the Camaro was sitting outside, he thinks they pushed the Camaro out to the Street and had a trailer waiting, and the Coupe has been missing three weeks, I understand end of November 2012. He said he did not have insurance on it, and expects it will never be found.....I would like to ask Team Camaro Members where ever you live, to perk your ear's and eyes to anyone recently coming into possession of a 68 Camaro SS/RS Coupe, I do not even know the color of it, or any details other than what I have stated.
I will try to contact the Owner, and get all the details I can and will give an update and pass on to Team Camaro Members..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 12, 10:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Max Stewart

Default Re: Stolen 68 Camaro RS/SS Coupe

I reread my post, and see I said stolen end of November, I will try to clarify with the owner, but assuming end of October, or 1st of November 2012. Will try to get the VIN, color, etc, and just maybe some one will locate this Car. Assuming also some one had to know about the Coupe and where it was located,,,,,,,,,
Old Nov 21st, 12, 03:54 AM

<Jake 68's Rule

Thanks for the tip.
Old Nov 21st, 12, 07:11 AM
Senior Tech

thefley

Yea more info good so we can watch ebay and craigslist. Pics would be nice

Pics of my 68
Old Nov 21st, 12, 08:02 AM
Moderator .. Jim

Jim

Try to get the VIN from the owner and any paper documentation like POP or Trim tag info. too. so we can have it available here if anyone searches for it.

Photos of my Camaro for viewing
Old Nov 21st, 12, 10:12 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Max Stewart

Should get the facts, before I post anything about the stolen 68 Camaro RS/SS Coupe here in Las Vegas, NV. Will talk with the Owner, but I think SEMA was in Las Vegas during this time frame, and of course Car People from all over were in Vegas for the Show, lot's of car trailers, car hauler's, etc... Point being this Camaro could be anywhere in the World by now, or it could be right here in Vegas...Also the property where the Coupe was sitting, there is a nice house on the front of the property, which they are refurbishing and no one lives on the property, there are neighbors on both sides, but no one heard anything......Thinking out loud, why would any Camaro Owner think there is no need to have Insurance on the vehicle, project, rolling chassis, what ever condition, Collector Car Insurance Companies offer project insurance for a very low yearly cost's, I know of one company, but will not say the name, that offers the very best insurance coverage I have ever heard about, and I have 4 vehciles insured with them.....Also I will probably get some flack from mentioning SEMA, just a personal thought. Any Hugh Car Show, such as the National Street Rod Association, seems there are often reports of at least one Vehicle that has been stolen......Also I would like to know if a vehicle such as this coupe being stolen, would they strip it, send it to a chop shop, or try to re-register it and claim it as their own, if they left the orginal VIN numbers, wouldn't DMV computer's reject it as being stolen????
Old Nov 21st, 12, 11:57 AM
Team Member

Jim

Who in their right mind leaves a first gen Camaro sitting outside in the backyard of an unoccupied house?
327 / 380 hp, 350 Trans, 12 Bolt Posi 4.10 Rear, Double Hump 64cc Chamber Angle Plug Fuelie Heads, 10 to 1 Pistons, Lunati Cam, Hooker Super Comp Headers, Flow Masters, MSD Ignition, 4 Core Radiator, 17" Torq Thrust Rims
Old Nov 21st, 12, 02:55 PM

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim69 View Post
Who in their right mind leaves a first gen Camaro sitting outside in the backyard of an unoccupied house?
.....and uninsured!
Old Nov 21st, 12, 03:32 PM

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
.....and uninsured!
I insure cars the day I buy. They also tell me I'm automatically insured on and new car I buy but why take a chance. You can get 15K insurance for your project car for $100 a year

GRUNDY
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
Old Nov 21st, 12, 08:56 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Max Stewart

Tryed to talk to the owner of the 68 coupe today, but he was else where, the next door neighbor said the SS/RS Camaro coupe is white with a blue interior, he was not for certain but he thinks it has a 327 motor, and the 4 speed was changed to a 5 speed, and he also said the owner had an estate sale at the property, and there were quite a few people show up and could see the Car's he has at the property, and then the Coupe was stolen on the following Sunday night, October 22.2012 ( I did not look at a Calender to confirm the date was in fact as he stated) The neighbor also stated there is also a 67 Camaro Convertible, and a Monza also sitting in the back yard!!! No expects to ever see the Coupe again, Las Vegas Metro Police were notified about it being stolen. All for now, will update as I learn more Vegas 69 stated you can get $15,000 project insurance for $100 a year, I had a project insured for $25,000 with zero deductible for $52.00 a year which included $750 spare parts...Here is a very interesting comment by me, If your home burns down and any motorized vehicle sitting in your garage is destroyed, who covers it, and this was confirmed by a Home Insurance Company, every one thinks their home owners will cover the loss, not so per the insurance company, Home Owners Insurance will not touch them, only your auto insurance covers them. Also it has to state in writing on your Auto Insurance Policy THE STATED AGREED VALUE, in case of a total loss, etc, Lot's of people insure their classic rides with State Farm, Allstate, etc, and this is also what the collector car insurance company stated to me, In case of a total loss, State Farm, etc depreciates the value on your ride, not so with the Collector Car Insurance Company that I am insured with. Some of you will agree with me, and sure some won't, just for the heck of it, contact your Auto Insurance Agent, and ask him about the insurance on your ride, you might be surprised with what he tell's you....................I am just sharing personal experiences I have had over the years, I am 71 years of age, have always loved car's, and will until I pass on. Team Camaro is a great site, and people have put a lot of work into it, to make it as it is today. Happy Holiday's everyone, enjoy...
Old Nov 22nd, 12, 04:47 AM

John

bigbuckcity is spot on.

We had our 6 month old home destroyed by fire 10 years ago. The car in the garage was not covered by the home insurance. We had to pay the deductible and it was covered under the auto insurance. Then in an odd twist the homeowners policy paid us back our deductible.

The 2 biggest mistakes I see guys make are not insuring their projects and not putting the car title in their name.
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
Old Nov 22nd, 12, 06:17 AM
Tech Team

Mark

That really sucks for the owner of the car.I bought my 68 and had it insured before I left to pick it up in Florida and trailor it back home. A car like that most likely wouldn't be stripped for parts. Since it was stolen it is very highly unlikely it would be sold in the states especially on ebay. I would bet that car is over seas somewhere.
Old Nov 22nd, 12, 10:55 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Max Stewart

Here is another interesting point about Home and Car Insurance!! This is what an insurance agent told me, for instance if you or your wife is driving to work and you have Christmas Presents, electronics or what ever in your vehicle and you decide to run into Walmart, etc and you return to your vehicle and the vehicle is broken into and your items have been stolen... Who do you think covers this??? Your Home Owners Insurance will cover what ever was stolen, but won't cover the damage to the vehicle.....Your Auto Insurance covers the damage to your vehicle, BUT the kicker is, you have to pay TWO deductibles, believe it, this is true, Call your Auto Insurance and also your Home Owners Insurance Agents and ask them, You may and need to get the true facts and update your insurance policy's....This also happened to me, it was extremely windy one day here in Las Vegas and I was driving my 2003 Bonneville Pontiac, decided to stop at a Pizza Place and have lunch, the Pizza Place was located where there was a Walmart, went in and ate, come out and there were 6 Shopping cart's slammed into my Pontiac, and bent the doors in, scratched up the paint, etc, Walmart shopping carts were being blown by the high winds all over the place. And the carts that slammed into my Car, said Walmart right on them, I went to the Walmart and asked for the Manager, and he came and I told him what happened, and he point blank told me I was farting in the wind, because Walmart was not responsible for the damage, he also said himself and others were watching all the damage being caused by the high winds on TV, I told him he better get some employees and himself outside and contain the carts that were being blown which I guessed around 30 mph, and slamming into customers vehicles. To make along story short, I was very upset, and drove to my Allstate Insurance Agent and told him what had happened, he basically told me the same thing that I was farting in the wind, I was mad and told him just to submit the claim, which he did, the next day an Allstate adjustor called me, and had me take my Pontiac to their body shop, the estimate was $2100, and they had me bring the car into their shop ( Sterling Auto Body is owned by Allstate Insurance Company, if you do not know this, and may have one where you live) the very next day, Allstate provided me a rental car at no cost, they had the Pontiac repaired in 3 day's, they did not charge me a deductible, was an inconvenience? but there was no charge for vehicle repairs, car rental what so ever!!! Some one wants to send me a private message I can tell you the loop hole, that most people do not know about, These post's I make are way too long, and I apologize for that. Every one seems to think their Home Owners Insurance covers a vehicle loss, which includes any motorized vehilce sitting in your garage or driveway, Motorcycle, ATV, Motorscooter, etc, Cadillac, 1st Gen Camaro/Firebird, what ever, Please check with your insurance agent and clarify if I am right or wrong with what I am stating, And Yes, insure your projects, tools, shop equiptment, protect your self, The Collector Car Insurance Company that I have which covers 4 vehicles for me, covers all this, they even insure Dragsters, true fact....Don't wait until it is too late, like the guy who has he 68 Camaro RS/SS Coupe stolen with no insurance on it, now he is kicking his butt.......Also protect your ride, carry a fire extinguisher in the cabin, where it easy to get at in case of an emergency, could save you and your family's life!!!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd, 12, 01:36 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Steven

Overhaulin????

Steven

When Am I Gonna Be Done?!

Follow my journey here:
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182256

Here to help and be helped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement