Camaro Parts at SS396.com     
GROUND UP & SS396.com         
Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Auto Insurance

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Brakes, Suspension & Steering Conversion questions, Steering & Handling

Old Jan 16th, 13, 11:40 AM

Default 69 front suspension lowering

I'm building a 69 Camaro pro street car and I want the car to have the "slammed" look when it is done. With the back half set up having adjustable mounting and adjustable coilovers I can set the rear just about anywhere I want it. Now I want to lower the front end. Three options I'm looking at are;

1) Hotchkis 3" drop springs - pro is it relatively inexpensive, cons limitted adjustability
2) Spring adjuster and 9.5 inch springs - pro inexpensive, more adjustability than drop springs, cons - I don't know enough about them and how well they adjust or how they ride
3) QA1 fully adjustable coil overs - pros fully adjustable from what I know, cons expensive

As the car will be street driven and not raced I was planning to keep the stock A arms however I'm not against changing to tubular to get the ride height I want. I'm looking for some guidance from those that have run these set ups.

69 camaro with stock A arms, stock disc brakes (w/stock spindles), SBC, no A/C and running 15X8 ralley rims. I would like to keep the ralley's as the rear rims are 15X14 ralleys. Street, weekend driven with intentions of taking it to the track.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 13, 07:55 PM
Senior Tech

Bobby

Default Re: 69 front suspension lowering

I'm no expert but, I think on top of the expensive coilovers you'll need new mounting points for them.

I have completed your option 2 this past summer and couldn't be happier with the outcome. Price was awesome, adjustability is awesome and, the installation was easier than I thought. There is a lot of info here on that topic, I recommend reading up on the project and going that route.

If you get in a jam, there are plenty of guys here to help including myself with what we experienced doing the conversion.
Cowl Plenum
Custom 180 Headers
black/black
no radio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement