Team Camaro Tech banner

Another '67 Folddown Seat Question

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Hammered 
#1 ·
Is the divider panel different between hardtops and convertibles? My original divider is about an inch taller than the one shown and does not have the three screws for attachment. I'm a little afraid that the screw tips would tear the top well if used.

This is from another post and shows a hardtop divider:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/67Firebird/HardtopFolddownDivider.jpg

Mine comes all the way to the top of the metal reinforcement panel.

John

#2 ·
John,

Yes, the panels are different between Coupes and Convertibles. About an inch as you stated. The problem is that the repops are for the Coupes. I don't know of anyone that sells the Convertible panel.

Depending on the color, the panels are listed in the P&A in group 15.024. If you tell me the color you need, I'll look up the original part number for you.

Ed

#3 ·
Ed,

Thanks - it would be helpful to have the factory part numbers for both the coupe and convert panels and I would appreciate your providing them.

I spoke to the panel manufacturer today, www.remautoinc.com and they do make a convert and coupe version. I then spoke to Rick's Firstgen today and they claimed the coupe version is the only version and told me to make it work. I was very dissappointed to hear this as I don't order from Rick's so that I can "make things work." Rick's finally suggested I return the part despite the shipping cost being more than the part cost. I will call REM tomorrow to confirm that they can send me the convert version but plan to write Rick's about my dissappointment so the part numbers would be handy.

I will let you know what I learn.

John

#7 ·
No sorry for the confusion Ed. I have no idea if they even repop the carpet for the fold-down back seat...still waiting for my new catalogs to arrive. Mine is in pretty good condition for redying, but if they make a good repop to match the repop carpet, then I would just go that route.

#8 ·
Mark,

Okay, I get it now. Yes, they are reproducing the carpet for all three years. Ricks, D&R, Ground Up, etc... They all carry them. If they look "original" or not, I can't say. When I bought my car, it was missing the seat carpet so I just got the repop. It seems to fit fine, but I could never get anyone to tell me if it was supposed to be glued down or not. There looked to be some kind of residue on the seat, but I wasn't sure if it was original, or something someone did to "fix" an ailing carpet! If anyone can tell me, I'd still like to know if the original carpet was glued down or not.

Ed

#10 ·
Ed: I ordered one from REM Auto today in black. I will let everyone know what it looks like when I get it. If you have the GM part numbers (coupe & convert) I plan to use that in a polite letter to Rick's expressing my frustration.

Mark: My seat had the original carpet and I just ordered that today from ACC carpets. My original had serging on three sides (bottome and sides) and was glued to the metal back. There is a metal half round that captures the carpet on the top. The gal on the phone would only say that it's correct. ACC supplies to all of the repro houses. www.accmats.com

John

#12 ·
Thanks John, I appreciate the info. Mine sounds the same as your based on the pic I have of it just sitting in position in the back of the car. I would attach a pic, but I don't think I have those privelidges here.

Will do Ed!

#14 ·
John, Did REM have different partition for a 69 as well as a 67? I have a 69 folddown I am putting in my vert and this thread caught my eye. The seat is out of a coupe. Could you tell me what the measurements of the convert/coupe partition is? Then I can measure mine and see what it is.

PS The carpet is glued on mine too. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.