Team Camaro Tech banner

Announcer on Barrett Jackson

9K views 68 replies 33 participants last post by  VI009DZ 
#1 ·
Did anybody catch the mistake several times from the announcer on stage at Barrett Jackson on Tuesday when the Camaro's came up. He kept looking at the cowl tag to see if the car was an original V8 instead of the VIN. He knew what is was supposed to be, (a 3 or a 4) just looking in the wrong location. Tivo is the only way to watch the auction. I can watch 5hrs worth in about 2hr.

#5 ·
The announcers are really bad.

It's not that I expect them to be experts on everything, that's really asking too much.

It's just the disinformation that they spew when they can't remember (or never knew) the correct stuff.

I've taken to using the mute button. No sense it letting it bother me.

#12 ·
To give credit where credit is due....they seem to know quite a big about a large variety of cars. Whether they do their homework beforehand to not look like a dum dum, or they really are enthusiasts and know what they know doesn't matter to me. I always learn something new when I watch.

#13 ·
Remember a couple years ago. The guys on this year by far have more general knowledge.
I forget who the old crew was...the english guy (Allen?) on the stage he didn't know anything about musclecars and the announcer guys that were a mistake a minute.

#14 ·
;) Tivo is God I tried to record the season of BJ but it would not accept it.

They should really get 4-5 people to do the announcements that know specific cars and alternate them.. please like there isn't enough money to go around... give some Car nut who knows everything in the would about mopars and when a mopar come up he walks along side the guy and spots out stuff that the announcer could announce.. Dam I would do it for free for 2nd Gen camaros.:D

#16 ·
If you are buying a car based on what a TV announcer is saying.
YOU DESERVE TO GET RIPPED.

Those speed guys know more about the cars then most of the people there who are buying the cars. :clonk:
It is really sad the crap that gets pushed through that auction.
The problem is - when these people get home, the fact that the car was bought a Barrett Jackson is supposed to justify it.
When actually, those are still mostly just cleaned and prepped "auction cars".

Now i have to say- a lot of real, and historical cars are sent through this auction.
But truthfully, a large percentage of the cars are 'made up" crap.

Our friend at Chev Connection, has 16 cars there this year. :eek:

#17 ·
I emailed them last night here is the jest of my email :

Can I send you $12.95 to your Pay Pal so you can buy an LED or Halogen flashlight for your camera guy on the stage? He can then duct tape it to his camera and use it when he puts the camera under the back end of cars or under the hoods so we can see what it looks like. Right now those views are like seeing a black bear in a black forest at night.
I never heard back from them... :) their tech people need to watch what is going out on a standard TV monitor.

#18 ·
My Wife enjoys watching, as she is into cars too, but now I have to sit there and chew on my tongue because she's tired of me bit..er..griping about the mis-information! Now I don't claim to know much, but when I don't, I either find out or keep my mouth shut. No info is better than mis-info.

#21 ·
Steve Menyontae (spelling??)is from carcraft so he knows his stuff...Mike Joy is good too,and as we all know anybody can make a number's maching car Chev prior to 72 and you would never know ...I almost did yrs ago 68 corvette, motor was gone found a block correct date code and all ,had it stamped up on deck ,but my morals got to me and didn't do it ...know plenty of cars that were or are,am sure guys still do ,so does this mean they are number maching??? Happy Motoring

#23 ·
So a correct number's maching car is one that has correct dated coded parts not the original parts.so I buy a camaro with no engine trans ,and buy a correct datedcoded casting numbers all that stuff, block, trans, alt ,water pump, have the engine deck stamped with the correct style stamps ,put all back together ,and take to barrett jackson or where ever and walla a number maching car ,(my opnion fake junk)you best go on the documentation the car has or walk away if there selling as number maching ha????I have been at this for 30 yrs and its got crazy what a guy can do to fabricate a number maching car...Hope no ones takes me wrong, but our hobby has been taken over by corporate america with these prices ....10 yrs ago no one cared a crap about these cars ,but regular working stiffs like me and a lot of you guys ....my point ...well I lost it :yes: ....Kidding was Number Maching ...Happy Motoring :)

#25 ·
hehe that was me :) I emailed them on Monday with a request that they call out the orange FORD Sticker that guys put on their camaros. I referred them to CRG to confirm this but told them the camaro folks are tired of seeing that sticker on so many awesome cars, its an insult to see it :)
:beers: on me

#29 ·
I emailed them on Monday with a request that they call out the orange FORD Sticker that guys put on their camaros.
You’re the man Jim! I would be willing to bet some Ford fan stickers can be found in the trash cans at BJ tonight.
:beers:

#28 ·
Nice to know that they are paying attentioin to what is being emailed to them. The Pontiac guys have been really po'd so far and emailing, but now speed is making it a point to not go to commercial when one comes on the block.

#31 ·
Dont bash me .. but I never knew about that Ford Fan Sticker till tonight .. and I heard the camaro.org :hurray: ......... Can that ugly " Loud " sticker !

I emailed them and asked them " you guys said it is not a Coupe because the trunk is not separated from the inside .. you said it was a Sedan , then how come the 3rd and 4th gen camaros are called Coupes " ...... I never heard anything .

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.