Car Cover? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 00, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Cool

Just finished getting my car painted, looking for a decent car cover. Anyone have any tips on one that will protect paint and not cost an arm and leg?
Thanks

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 00, 03:55 AM

Mike, I just purchased a cover for a '69 from D & R in Illinois. I believe it has four layers (Technalon type) that's breathable. (Catalog is at home) It comes with a carrying bag and even has a zipper over the driver's door for interior access while the cover is on. Price was $99. I've paid $159 for a similar cover for another car. Their # is 1 800 472-6952.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 00, 03:59 AM
Senior Tech
Drake

I'm no expert on car covers,But having a black car ,I like to keep it covered when I'm not driving it.I just bought a cotton type materal one at my local "BIG WHEEL ROSSI" and I'm very happy with it.It's soft enough where it won't scratch the paint,and has elastic around the entire edge to hold it down under the bumpers.It cost me around $25.I did'nt see the need for anything exotic or expensive.Besides,the more expensive something is the higher the chance my kids will use it for a tent in the backyard.

------------------
67 RS RAGTOP # matching, 4X4 CHEVY TRUCK

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 00, 04:50 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

Send a message via AIM to sixtsevnssrs
No way, your kids would not use your car cover as a tent. RIGHT! CSK just bought Big Wheel Rossi, The same products are available through Checker, Schucks, Kragen, and Trak Auto. We are growing quickly.
In regards to a quality car cover you do get what you pay for. You can even get a bag to put your car in, just drive on to it then zip it up!!! I have faith that a wide majority of the car covers out there will not scratch your paint. Remember that with a new paint job you are going to want a car cover that will let air through to let the paint "breath". The Technalon lined covers are excellent and even with 3 or 4 layers it is a very breathable fabric.

------------------
Tim
67 ss/rs, MODIFIED
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6792
IM - sixtsevnss
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 00, 07:53 PM
Senior Tech

Like mentioned above get a high quality cover. Did you say you just had it painted? If so unless it will be stored in a place lots of birds are I would keep it uncovered this season to let the paint "breath", I know the paint seems totaly dry but it does still release solvents.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 00, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply's. I noticed that my garage does smell of new paint fumes. I will take the advice of letting it sit uncovered for awhile, and am looking for the breathable cover.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode