Front Stereo Speaker locations - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 01, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

Anyone have the dimensions for placing the Stereo speakers into the kick panels of a 69 camaro.

Originally, a template was sent with the speakers for use when the speakers were dealer installed. If anyone has a scanned image of the template I need a copy.

Thanks,

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 01, 06:08 AM
Senior Tech

If you would, I also need a copy. Thanks.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 01, 07:47 AM
Senior Tech

Cool

Me too

It was unbelievably hard getting those kick panels out in the first place - the speakers are going back in before the panels are for sure. thanks

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 01, 08:38 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
My kick panels have factory holes for speakers. I will try to get some usable diminsions this evening. I thought I saw something in the assembly manual but don't recall if there were measurements.

------------------
...Dennis
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
"The Club"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 01, 06:53 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Ok, this is going to be just a bit vague as I only measured the on centers of the 4 screws that hold the speaker and grill to the panel. I didn't have a square so I could be a 1/16" off from the rounded door edge. Note that the 4 screw holes form a 3 3/4" X 3 3/4" square.

Passanger kick panel, Bottom right screw is between 1 5/8" and 1 11/16" up from the bottom ridge, not the bottom of the panel and is 1 3/4" from the door edge of the panel. The bottom left screw is also between 1 5/8" and 1 11/16" up from the bottom ridge, and is 5 1/2" from the door edge of the panel. The top right screw is 2" from the door edge and 3 3/4" above the bottom screw. The top left is 5 3/4" from the door edge and 3 3/4" from the bottom screw.

The 4"X6" speakers stay infront of the hole and get screwed up aganst the panel with spring clips on the back of the panel. there is a picture but no diminsions on page 446 of the assembly manual.

To the best of my knowledge my kick panels came on the car, they have the dual vent controls and the speaker holes didn't look like they were fab'd in after the fact...

Hope this helps,

------------------
...Dennis
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
"The Club"
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 01, 02:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Here's another thought. In all my vehicles I have small ( about 1 1/2" round ) ADS speakers mounted on the pillars. This is in my GMC truck, etc. The sound and imaging have to be heard to be believed. Personally, speakers in any vehicle's kick panels don't make sense except for bass. If anyone is interested, I can look up the model numbers. My stereo guy turned me on to them when I was looking for a kickass system for the truck.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 01, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

The only reason I will be installing the speakers into the kick panels is because that is the way the factory installed them with the AM/FM multiplex, and the 8 track player. I certainly wouldn't be cutting up a set of A/C kick panels just to mount a set of tinny speakers, if I didn't have to.

Sound quality is not that important to me. It is a convertible and I have chambered exhaust. I can barely hear the radio at all above 30 MPH unless the top is up.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode