new convertible top - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 99, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Hi!
My car has a damaged convertible top and I'm looking for a new one. Now my question: The tops, you can buy about 150 $, are they good like original, or how much must I pay for a good quality? Where can I buy a good quality?
Thanks for answering my questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 99, 05:53 AM
Dot
Administrator

Who is going to install the new top? If you are planning on getting a trim shop to do it, then you should check with them. They can get different qualities of tops. They usually give you a better deal on the installation too. Prices for tops? You get what you pay for. There are many different companies making tops. The cheaper, the quality will show in no time. (usually more of a pain to install too.)
The next thing to look at when replacing your top, is the pads, well liner, rear window. Make sure you check to see what all is included when getting a quote and what all you need to replace. All these things add up to a lot more $ and labor. Hope this helps
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 99, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, Dot!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 99, 06:10 PM

Do you not want to install it yourself? I bought the heavy weight version from classic camaro. I never have been into cars, and never put a top on. Get the camaro restoration guide at your local book store. It will go step by step for many things including the top. Mine came out very good. Completely weather tight and looks good. My local guy wanted 1000 bucks. I did it for about 400 with everything new. Have a second person to help you, lining and tacking everything together would be tough for one person... Just a opinion...

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode