leaf springs - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 00, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Question

well i have been looking around for some good 5 leaf springs for my 69 camaro but im pretty lost. i called classic industries to see if i could get a pair of 5 leafs but they dont stock that item yet, so after looking through a camaro performers magizine i saw an article "now you're hooked" (10-4-99 issue) and they hopped up a 69 camaros rear with some hi-po 5 leafs, shocks, and a set of competition enginieering subframe connectors. i really like the way the set up looked. after looking through some of the old posts someone said to look in a JC Whitney catalog for some springs. they have 2 sets for a first gen camaro. they have stock replacements and then they have stiffer ones that well give you 2 to 4 more inches lift. then i looked at the new summit catalog i got today and they have very heavy duty springs for a camaro, with a spring weight from 250 lbs to 275. what would be the best way to go? any way with all the springs i was talkintg about im looking at $45 to $135 each. i have to get new springs so i can install my new 12 bolt. i want something that well hookup really good, but i also drive the car everyday so i dont want to over do it. the bolt on style sub frame connectors are only about $100 from summit, im really looking in to those. some other info on my car, 15in ralley wheels, 255/60/15 rear tires, 205/70/15 front, mono leafs (for now,)and a 10 bolt 3.08 non posi(for now,) the new 12 bolt has a 3.07 posi gears, i have a healthy 355 that makes about 350+ hp, and a TH400 tranny, and a brand new custom driveshaft we had made for the powerglide to 400 swap. if you want a better run down of my car look at my profile in the "info x-change" it is the so-cal 69 thanks for all the help. i just got a job today so i well have money to pay for all this good stuff. Justin

------------------
BLack 69 coupe 350/TH400 factory A/C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 00, 07:13 PM
David Pozzi

Take a look here. http://eatonsprings.com They made them origonaly for GM.

I think a stock hd 5 leaf spring is around 150 lbs/inch.
4 leaf is lower rate, and used on Z/28.
Don't go over 175 to 200.
Those summit springs might work if your'e doing wheelies!
Figure out just what you want to do with the car and what ride height you want first.
David

------------------
The older I get, the faster I was!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 02, 07:13 AM
Tech Team

Does anyone out there have the Eaton part numbers for the 5-leaf spring types?

I am trying to determine what would be correct for my car (LM1 coupe, 350/powerglide car, w/12-bolt/multi-leaf)

------------------
Photos of my 1969 Camaro project car - 383 stroker, T56

http://community.webshots.com/user/rswhite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode