600CFM EDELBROCK - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 01, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Question

I'm putting a 600 edelbrock carb on a 305 with manual 4spd tranny and 3.73 rear gears.This will be on my 85 gmc truck(sorry not for my camaro I know). What I need to know is what size jets or metering rods I should use. I live in Colorado Springs Co. and the ellevation is somewhere about 6000-6500 feet I believe. I know the stock one in the carb will be too rich as I had one on my 79Z28 before I blew it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 01, 03:51 PM
Senior Tech

The edelbrock carbs come with a very thorough tuning guide...just follow it and you will be fine. You might look at getting the emmisions calibrated version instead of the 1405 though...I am sure the 1405 will be a bit too rich for you. Either way, these carbs are very easy to tune and once set up right, you dont need to mess with them after that.

------------------
375hp 78 Chevy truck
77 Chevy Nova
95 Chevy Lumina 3.4L
and building a 78 Nova
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 01, 04:14 PM
Senior Tech

Also Edel Q-jets are good carbs. 600 seems like alot of carb you could probly even go with a 500 on a 305. Before you spend the cash think about a TPI off a camaro. You could get a whole setup for about $400-500 from a junkyard and since you got a 305 it's just a bolt on upgrade without messing with chips and new injectors and you'll get better mileage to boot. 85 and 86 will fit those heads,the 86 one has a better computer.

Like already said they come with good tuning instructions. I just pulled the book out. For the 1405 #24 looks like a good choice. 2 stages lean in power and cruise. If you get the carb just buy the tuning kit with it #1479.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 01, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, and help.I have one of the edelbrock Q-jets on it now and hate the thing. Had same type on my camaro untill I replaced it with the non emissions type. Funny thing though,even with the strict emission regs here in Co. I still passed with flying colors .thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode