CD Player Mounting in 69? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 29th, 01, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Question

i have a 69 camaro and i want to put a CD player in it, but i do not want to cut the origanal slot for an AM/FM radio but i do not want a CD changer cause they are a pain in the @$$. Any ideas? I was thinkin about mounting it in the front part of the console where the gauges are but i dont know. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 29th, 01, 05:01 PM

Thumbs up

between the console and the dash is where those big nasty 8-trax were mounted from the factory im pretty sure! thats where id put it ! good luck tight area to work in!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 29th, 01, 05:39 PM
Senior Tech

Inferno, I was thinking of getting a CD changer. Have you had some bad experiences with them? Erik

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 30th, 01, 05:52 PM

I have a Kenwood trunk mounted 10 changer CD in my '69. The face plate has everything (AM/FM, cassette, CD controls) and fits in original spot. Looks original at a quick glance, including the bowtie emblem.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 30th, 01, 06:14 PM
Tech Team

Thumbs up

Dougger,
Where did you get your Kenwood? Have 67 should be pretty close to 69. Would like to do the same thing....
Thx
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 31st, 01, 01:45 AM
Tech Team

Inferno, I mounted a jvc cd player in my 69 just right of the console under the dash. i had to make my own bracket and used the holes that were under the dash. keep it close to the console as possible. nobody has come close to kicking it with their feet. and it looks good and plenty of leg room.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 31st, 01, 05:03 AM
Senior Tech
Gary

I mounted a stereo/cd player in the glove box. I fabricated a special box out of light sheet metal, with a masonite back, then covered it with vinyl hide. With the glove box closed, the car still looks stock.
Gary
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 31st, 01, 07:28 AM
Senior Tech
Dana

Thumbs up

Like Gary I mounted a AM/FM CD player in my glovebox. I just modified the stock glovebox liner for installation. It is a Sony with a wired remote control. I mounted the remote in the ashtray and it clips on a mounting bracket so it is easily removed. I can leave the glovebox closed except when changing CD's by using the remote in the ashtray (with ashtray door open and remote sticking up and out). Get to car show, unhook the remote and turn upside down in ashtray and close ashtray door, close glovebox door and it looks all stock with the original AM radio still in the dash.

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: Matching #'s DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, PS, Rear Defrost, Spoilers, ZL2 Special Ducted Hood.

1969 SS: Matching # 350/300, M20 4-spd, 3.55 12-bolt posi, Daytona Yellow, Black Houndstooth, Factory Gauges, Spoilers, etc.

'85 Z/28, Rare Factory Yellow, 355 TPI w/ Crane Compu-Cam 2040, Crane adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 22# Injectors, TPIS Airfoil, K&N filters, Hypertech ThermoMaster Stage 2 Chip for '85 Vette, 160 Degree Thermostat, DynoMax Cat Back Exhaust, Rebuilt/Updated 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.23 posi rearend.

69 SS #'s Matching 396, TH400, Cortez Silver, Black Houndstooth, Gauges, Remote Mirror, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode