Camaro Nats, Rohnert Park, CA - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

It will be here before you know it. Thought I would throw out a couple ideas I've been pondering regarding the upcoming big event. I mentioned in an earlier post that I would approach a couple local businesses regarding a evening cruise/BBQ for the Camaro segment of the Meet. Haven't done so yet but thought I would see if there was any interest from those planning on attending. Also wanted to know if anyone would be interested in participating in a "DYNO DAY"? Our local machine shop, Rohnert Park Machine has a Dyno-Jet chassis dyno on-site. They have held these "dyno days" in the past for large or small groups. They have some pictures of the one they had for some Viper owners on their web site. Looks like alot of fun. Maybe Clill could show off those two red cars? I believe you get two or three pulls per car, printouts of your pulls, and lunch. If anyone is interested let me know and I can get more info reference cost, times etc.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 06:21 AM

When is this event?
Where exactly is Rohnert Park?
Do you have to be a member to attend?
If you want to e-mail me I'm at
[email protected]
Thanks,
Patrick

------------------
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 06:30 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

A lot of people from the club that Iím involved with are planning on going. We could use more info on local hotels / motels and even camping (RV and regular) areas near the meeting sight (cheep high end). Also has it been decided exactly where the event is other that Rohnert Park? Dynos are nice, but finding a place to stay is more important to me now.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 06:36 AM
Senior Tech

Here is a website to check for some info:
www.2001achevyodyssey.com

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 07:17 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Ed,
Went to the site that you listed and I know that things will change, but it looks like the event will be in the parking lot of the Double Tree Hotel. I think you know my next question; How will they hold all the vendors, swapmeet people and cars in a parking lot? Or is there another site TBD for the ďeventĒ portion of this gathering?
Thanks, Mark
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

The Doubletree has hosted several National level meets in the past. T-Bird Nats, Early A's etc. They've got plenty of room. Hotel is bordered on 3 sides by a golf course. Nice setting. Days will be hot but by 7:00 pm you'll want a sweatshirt. Rohnert Park is 50 miles directly north of San Francisco on Hwy 101. Check the website Ed posted for date info. From what I have read and heard the event is hosted by Classic Chevy internantional. The WCC has formed some sort of aliance with them and is participating in several CCI events around the country. The Rohnert Park event is one. I can check on local lodging facilities to include camping. Lodging should not be a problem as Santa Rosa is 3 miles north and Petaluma is 7 miles south. Between the three towns you will have plenty to choose from. I'll try and get something on the board by early March.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 08:19 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Onemorecamaro,
Thanks. This is what Iím looking for. I did print the map that they have listed and do see that it is adjacent to the golf coarse and to Roberts Lake, I suppose this area will be used too. Also itís close to the Wal-Mart, and old Sam donít mind over night RVíers!!! Again, please let us know about logging in the area (you know, which oneís to use and NOT use!).
Mark (A.K.A. Z28 Mark)
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 08:22 AM

sorry duplicate message

[This message has been edited by Yenkofan (edited 02-13-2001).]
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 08:24 AM

Too far to drive (4:10 gears, 10 mpg etc.)and I don't have a trailer, but maybe I'll come up for a day or two.

------------------
69 Z28 clone w/502/502
69 Hugger Orange Yenko
http://communities.msn.com/427cruiserphotosite
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

You aren't kiddin about Wall-Mart. I've seen up to 20 campers on any given day. What's up with that. Looks like the carnival is in town but the only rides are by the front door. LOL

John
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 10:00 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

There is a thing about Wal-Mart and campers. They donít mind that you camp over night in their parking lot. If you get a map out and plot the Wal-Marts, they are located along major freeways all over the country so that somebody from South Dakota traveling West along the major freeways has a familiar place to shop. Havenít you recognized that all Wal-Mart are laid out the same in side the store? Plus I saw a 60 Minuets news program on the subjectÖ..
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 02:50 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
I'm working with the president of WCA who is putting on this gathering. Haven't got much yet as his wife is due this week! That along with the fact that they just had the Camaro Winternationals last week has slowed progress... As I get info I will pass it on. The folks putting on the main show ( www.2001achevyodyssey.com ) are unclear as to what part the Camaro will play at this event.... It's Camaros Limited's 20th year and I would like to see this bloom into a great yearly event Here in CA!!!

------------------
...Dennis
The Cars:
'69 RS Convertible w/SS trim
'96 Z28SS #1679 of 2410
The Club:
Camaros Limited Nor-Cal
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 05:36 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
Thumbs up

I'm there. Even if I don't get the 3:08's back in, I'll drag it down with the 4:11's.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 06:56 PM
Z28 Mark @home

Yo DjD,
I was trying to get in to WCA BB and I registered, but it still wonít let me log in. E- me at work tomorrow or at home tonight. As for the event, that web site just tells about the hotel and some of the events, not much as to where they my be at, or if it is just out in the parking lot. And yes, I do under stand that things will change, but before you know it the event will be upon us. So having a plan is better than just waiting and winging it.
Mark
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 01, 07:52 PM
Senior Tech
John

Talking

DJD ~ Please keep us clued in too. I am passing along info to our club also in hopes of some kind of participation. Keep us posted ~ John

------------------
1968 RS, 355/4spd/12 blt w/3.55's.www.camarogenerations.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode