396 CI 350 HP motor what is it worth? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 01, 03:45 PM
Jeremiah

A freind has a 350 HP 396 all original all date matching. It is complete from the distributor to the exhaust manifolds.It needs rebuilt standard bore and comes with new pistons.It is dated march 69. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 01, 06:10 PM

I would say close to $500 or so. Has the motor ever been rebuilt, or is it still a standard bore?

------------------
383 Speed-O-Motive stroker kit with Speed Demon 750, RPM intake,Proform HEI dist.MSD6a box,World Products Sportsman II heads, ported and polished with 2.02/1.60 valves,64cc,TRW forged pistons with 10.7:1 compression, Comp Xtreme 284 cam,Crane pushrods, Comp Cam 1.6 full roller rockers,ATI damper, 40 series Flowmasters, 4.11 gears with TH350 and Hughes 3000 stall.Powertrax NoSlip Locker
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 01, 06:04 AM
Tech Team

Does the engine run? I may be interested in purchasing it. What doe it have on it. How many miles?

------------------
1967 camaro 327 coupe
Performance engine looks great, cherry red all flush

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 01, 08:55 PM

Cool

Its worth at least $500-1000 as long as the block or heads are not cracked due to improper storage.To the right person it may be worth a hell of a lot more.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 01, 07:32 PM
Jeremiah

The motor is fine and standard bore but needs rebuilt. I have seen people pay $600 for a bare small block for the #s. The motor will be for restoration and show purpose {not Hot Rodding}. I was guessing around $3000 to $3500. I have also seen a 396/375Hp bare block sell for $1700. Thanks for the replies guys.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 01, 07:44 PM
Patrick

I purchased a 70 SS 396/402 350hp engine last summer for 800.00 The engine had been in a 67 vette and was redone not long ago. They took the intake, pushrods, rockers and a few head bolts. I paid less than 100 for the missing parts from a friend at a parts store. His cost of course. I pulled the heads and the cylinders had the fresh hone marks and everything looked good. Once back together it runs great. Have less than a grand in a running rebuilt motor with standard bore. Just have to keep your eyes open. As far as worth goes I saved a few grand at least.

Gutz

------------------
1966 SS Chevelle LS-7,4-speed
1971 RS Camaro 402,4-speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode