'67 factory air - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 00, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rick

I am currentl restoring a '67 RS/SS 350 #124377N107985, VERY early car, fully optioned. The a/c has been butchered and we need to come up with a newused a/c setup from firewall forward. can anyone supply me with the part number for the right side case (fan side) I have a used unit but have doubts to its correctness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 00, 10:15 AM
Senior Tech

I have an early 67 327. Per the assembly manual the part number is/was 3885183. This is the "evaporator assembly." Hop this helps.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 00, 10:16 AM
Senior Tech

I have an early 67 327. Per the assembly manual the part number is/was 3885183. This is the "evaporator assembly." Hope this helps.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 00, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rick

Cool

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, I think thats the number for the evaporator and not the fiberglass box. The party we got this from took both stickers off from the evaporator as well as the Harrison decal off the box, so I can't even use that number. I am trying to verify the correct number off the box because that is the only identification mark left.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 00, 04:57 PM
Senior Tech

Rick,
I have the complete assembly off my 67 now, wwhere would the # you are looking for be located on the outside box, which I think is the same regardless of engine size. The inner half and evaperator are different for big block.

------------------
69 rallye green X77 Z/28,1967 SS 396 Conv. 1974 c-10 454 swb
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 00, 05:31 PM
Senior Tech

Question

I just checked mine (12C Los car) - can't find any numbers on the fiberglass box - are you talking numbers on the harrison tag??

Steve

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 00, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rick

There are two numbers on the INSIDE of the box just under and left of the heater fan motor hole. One number I believe is the Harrison part number as it says (if I recall) HPN# _ _ _ _ _ _. Just under that is what looks like a Chevrolet part number. I would like both just in case. I have found no other numbers anywhere on either case half.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 00, 04:55 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

My 327 fiberglass AC case has the following under the fan motor hole inside: HRD P/N 3010077 with FP in a circle at the end.

On the smaller inboard half I cannot find a number, just the Harrison sticker near the center outside.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 00, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rick

Talking

Thanks, though I believe that to be the Harrison number and not the Chevrolet number, It does indeed match the one I just received, so that is a big help and I might be able to use it though it is very "weathered". Thanks to all for responding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode