69 Rare Seat Belt Option? - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 00, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I have a question on option # AS4 Costom Deluxe Rear Shoulder Belts put in only 37 Camaros in 1969. Did all Camaros have a rear shoulder belts or just lap belts?
The reason I asked this question is my 69 Z-28 R/S has deluxe interior and has rear shoulder belts cliped into the headliner running the length of the side windows. I just stumbled on this option tonight on MadMikes Camaro site and I noticed it is one of the rarest options in 1969.
If mine is normal has anyone ever seen one? If mine is rare I've got one of the few.
Thanks in Advance!
---------------------------------------------
69 Z-28 R/S Daytons Yellow, DZ302 and CE302,M21,4.10,8K tach,Dlx interior, Console and guages,Clock,Rosewood wheel and dash,Endura Bumper,ZL2 ect.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 00, 04:19 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Garage
Wink

The belt running along the headliner (is held up by 2 chrome clips) is std. on all camaros. If you got the shoulder harness option, there would be a sencond buckle to fasten it to....

------------------
Steve McCorry - Central Ohio Camaro Club
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350 - Daytona Yellow
'95 Camaro Z-28 - Sebring Silver
click here to see my car ---> www.mindspring.com/~mccorry(updated 8/14/00)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 00, 04:40 AM
Tech Team

Unhappy

Ok, my turn to ask a stupid question. (i know, know question is stupid......) anyway... Clarifying; standard setup-just lap belts in the back seat and in the front a coiled up male end on the outside on the floor, 2 females on the inside from the floor and one male hanging from the headliner, right?? thanks

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 00, 06:28 AM

I think the question being asked is about shoulder belts for the rear pasangers.

------------------
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 00, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thumbs up

I realize my question may have sounded dumb but this is my first 69 car(2-67's 1-68) and I hadn't looked at the rear shoulder belts in any other 69's. Thanks for the info!!

------------------
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 00, 08:04 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
No dumb question here! I have never seen rear sholder belts on a '69 but the option is there as AS4 (custom deluxe) and AS5 (std). Do you have 2 belts mounted in the headliner on each side of the car? If not I would think the ones you describe are for the front seats. Unless the factory goofed, why put them in the back if not in the front! To figure this out, do you have receptors for them in the rear? There should be lap belts for three back there. Let us know what you find...

------------------
...Dennis
Topless'69
Camaros Limited Nor-Cal
[email protected]
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 00, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Smile

DjD,
Thanks for the reply. The shoulder belts might very well be for the front. I assumed they were for the rear because they start way in the back seat behind the clothes hanger.I just tried to use them for the front seats and the female receptical was in my chest(male end was too short).Maybe mine were mounted too far back or they didn't work very well? I do have 3 lap belts in the rear.
I only use the lap belts anyway,no big deal. BTW in my description of my car I have a Daytona Yellow car(it was late and I was 1/2 asleep)not a one off Dayton Yellow 69 Z!
Thanks to all that responded!

------------------
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 00, 05:02 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

My FRONT seat shoulder belts are installed the same way. I always thought the design was poor because it is very difficult to use the clothes hangers with the belts in place. My shoulder belt buckle is a little above my waist when in place, but I sit with the seat adjusted as far back as it will go.

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt

See my website updated 8/13/00 at:

www.geocities.com/gheatly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode