Ist Gen Reference Book/Publication - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

What are you reccomendations for a book that has illustrations and information, specifically for a '69?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 09:13 AM
Senior Tech

Talking

KAMA SUTRA: A TALE OF LOVE
Trimark Pictures

by Stan Schwartz
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 09:14 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

Danny, just go over to KZ's house. His car is already in pieces. That way, you get a good "exploded" view of what the parts look like.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 09:19 AM
Senior Tech

Talking

No, McKinney is on the other side of the world from him. He's already been invited. He might actually learn something about cars, and then his mechanic would get mad at me and sue for damages. Actually, it's all together in one piece right now, runs great, and looks like hell......Hey Gene, last I heard, your's was still in pieces? Is it back together again? I'm still waiting for you to rebuild my 750 DP .......KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69' SS/396
www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Gene,

I see that you too are familiar with the Texas Tornado. As for my mechanic, I only hire the best to work on the Z11. I'm no mechanic by any means and I'll be the first to admit it.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 10:05 AM
Senior Tech

Talking

Danny, that's OK, I'm no mechanic either. Ben Seeps will testify to that fact! However, I don't mind learning by trial and error.....mostly error. If I had the money, I'd probably be just like you, but better looking.......
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 10:33 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Ben Seeps will testify to that fact!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rumors of my seeping have been greatly exaggerated! There's no 's' on the end of my name, it's just Seep! Some guys in college used to think it was endlessly funny to ask me if I'd "been seepin' lately" though.

After finishing the power steering conversion, KZ said you couldn't pay him to do that for a living. It might be more accurate to say that people wouldn't pay him to do that though! Or he wouldn't get much repeat business anyway, heh heh.

------------------
Ben - '67 RS/SS350 - Mustangs, meet your NEMESS
"There's an 'e' in Ben, but there's NO 'E' IN CAMARO!!" (sorry, just a pet peeve of mine!)
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

The rumor amongst the Dallas area Camaro community is the fiasco that took place one weekend not too long ago in McKinney. It involved two guys spilling power steering all over the place, loud banging and the developement of new cuss words. Here's a quote from the fiasco: "Please lord, I hope the jackstands hold up so I can put in this [email protected]%$ steering box without the Texas Tornado crushing me."
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 10:55 AM

I have a book at home that's titled something like "1969 Camaro Reference Manuel." I'll double check the title & author for you when I get home.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

One more thing, I also heard that the owner's at Firewheelclassics are retiring because of a regular customer named "John" who has made them millions by buying up all their '69 steering boxes. Evidently, he's been trying to install and fix his steering since the day he bought his car.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Angie -

Thanks for your help and taking my post seriously.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 11:05 AM
Senior Tech

Danny, actually, I bought EVERYTHING new from Firewheel, except the gearbox itself. Then after a month of fighting the conversion, I finally got it together, fired it up, and the gearbox leaked. Murphy's law at it's finest. What kind of illustrations are you looking for? I've got a couple good reference books if you want to check them out, I don't have the names handy but I can post them later on tonight when I get home. You're welcome to look at them, one is all about 69 Z's and SS's, lots of good pics and part numbers, (The definitive 69 Camaro SS/396 and Z/28 reference book by Jerry McNeish???) The other ones are restoration books, you probably couldn't use those. I also have an assembly manaul with alot of pictures. I can bring them to Hooters on Saturday if you want. KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69' SS/396
www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I'm looking for a book that will help me in the event "I" and NOT my mechanic decide to work on it.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 01, 12:08 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

The 1969 Camaro Reference book from A to Z. By J. R. Hooper. It is a great book! My car is in it.

------------------
Only 69 Z/28s
Garnet Red 30,000 mi
Glacier Blue
Rally Green new in 69
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 01, 02:06 AM
Senior Tech
John

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kz1000ltd:
KAMA SUTRA: A TALE OF LOVE
Trimark Pictures

by Stan Schwartz
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent Line! I laughed outloud!

JD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode