T-10 tranny identification - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 31st, 01, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Question

I have an older T-10 in my nova. can anybody tell me how to identify it? it is aluminum, has 10 spline input and small output shaft-same diameter as th350, but with something like 10 splines.can't remember- i put it in last summer. Where could i look to find id codes? I wanna be able to honestly brag about what i have-I hate those B.S. artists who lie about everything in their cars.when i honestly tell people what i have, they don't believe me. but when i make stuff up, they just say how cool it is.Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 31st, 01, 06:54 PM
Senior Tech

T10s can be a pain to identify. If the tail shaft is the same as a 350 turbo then it is a 1963 trans. Is it a close or wide ratio most of the close boxes had 9310 gears in 63 which is an excellent gear material. I like early T10s they all seem to shift much better than later trans and are strong enough
for most cars.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 31st, 01, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

wow..quick reply...the guy i got it from said he thought it was from a ford, and he had it in a 500 hp/650lb ft 455olds in a 66 442...stood up to that for 2 years, then he decided to wuss out and go trans brake th400.Must've gotten lazy.do you know of any #'s on the tranny itself to help id it? i was looking for speedo gears at the chev garage, and he said he never heard of it. Asked what it was in, i told him, and he said the book don't show it. stupid. where do they find these people?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode