Some info on option irregularties - Team Camaro Tech
Tech 2000 Our previous General Forum
Replies ONLY - no new topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 00, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ron

Today I was talking to an old timer at GM. He worked at Norwood in the 60s and 70s. He said when an employee that worked at the plant would order a car they were sometimes allowed off the line on the day their car was built to follow it through. He says a lot of the guys would ask the other line workers to upgrade some parts, like interior, carb, rear gears or whatever he thought he could get by the inspectors. He claims a lot of guys got more options and more car than they paid for. I've known this guy several years and I think hes pretty reliable. Ive worked at GM and I have seen guys following their cars through but i've never seen the substitution he mentioned, but who knows. It may explain some irregularities on some cars that dont show up on some documentation.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 00, 12:05 PM
Senior Tech

ToocoolZ28 THAT IS VEDDY INTERESTING! You are prob right.

71 Camairo

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 00, 07:30 PM
Senior Tech
Jerry

toocool you are right I sell new fords now(sorry guys ) I did work for a gm dealer from 69-75 and I know for a fact it happens just last week a truck came in for a guy that ordered it from me and it had cd player step boards and a posi that was not ordered as a mater of fact in 1970 we had a big wheel from GM(so he thought)at our dealership with a 70 chevy wagon with a 427 4-spd in it. It was july 98 degrees and the a/c was out he wanted it fix right nowwww! boy was he mad when he had to wait till the next day

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 00, 03:26 AM
Senior Tech
Chris

I know a guy who worked at the Chrysler plant in St. Louis. He ordered a Coronet with six extra coats of paint and had a convertible frame put under it.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM,fold down seat, tilt wheel, SS wheels, console mounted 8 track player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode